Outside Sales Representative - Rockville , Gaithersburg , MD.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company: -US0012 Sysco Baltimore, LLC
Zip Code:20794Minimum Level of Education:High School or
EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:0-1 YearsEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage: -Up to 25%
JOB SUMMARYThis is an outside sales position responsible for
promoting the company's products and services and for building
relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to
help Sysco customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals
established by the company. This position often requires working
non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) to
successfully meet customers' needs.An individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize
lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special
objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects following company account
- Research customer business needs and develops a mix of products
and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers,
based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and
competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with
customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices,
availability, and product use.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions,
company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary,
working with the credit department and client; collect all balances
due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the
transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur
during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special
order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits,
and customer events.
- Attend and participate in general sales and district
- Engage in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special
order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets
and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits, and
pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and
- Other duties may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5
years of Foodservice sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality,
or Culinary Arts preferred.Experience
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management
experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing,
Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree.
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience preferred.
- Previous Sysco experience preferred.
- Restaurant management / chef experience preferred.Certificates,
Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including
no multiple DUIs within the last 2 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of
liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each
accident; property damage - $100,000 is requiredRequirement
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement.
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of
- Basic PC skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
- Ability to read, write, speak English.CompetenciesTo be
successful in this position, the individual performing the duties
must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
- CommunicationPhysical DemandsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to
talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
pounds.NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature of the environment and the level of work being
performed by this job. This job description in no way states or
implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only
tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee
will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform
any other job-related duties requested by his or her
supervisor.Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job
description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business
BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's Benefits, please
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided - -
- Temperature screenings - -
- Social distancing guidelines in place - -
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently
authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity -is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Germantown , Outside Sales Representative - Rockville , Gaithersburg , MD., Sales , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!