Herndon Member Service Representative I/Teller (PT
Company: Apple Federal Credit Union
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionWhy Join Apple? Apple FCU is deeply rooted in the
community; we value and embrace workplace diversity. We believe our
employees are our most valuable asset, so we are committed to
providing professional development and assisting in career
journeys. Apple FCU also offers a robust benefits package,
including health; vision; dental; 401(k) contribution match;
tuition reimbursement; guaranteed 11 federal holidays; paid time
off; paid volunteer time; TEAM Bonus plan and much more.Additional
- Named 2021 Washington Post Top Workplace
- Named 2021 Best-In-State Credit Union and Best Credit Union in
Northern Virginia by Forbes
- Named 2021 Best Credit Unions to Work For by American
- Diverse, friendly work environment, progressive management
- 20 branches in Northern Virginia with easy commuting distance
Job Duties:Under general supervision, but following established
policies and procedures performs a broad range of member service
activities in person, by mail, and/or by telephone. Answers
questions concerning services provided by the credit union from
members while quickly and efficiently processing transactions. Must
possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and the
ability to represent the credit union in a courteous, professional
manner.*** Candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the
position may be sent a required online assessment to the email
address listed in the application. *** Responsibilities:
- Represents the credit union to the member, in person, by mail
or by telephone in a courteous, professional manner. Gives prompt
efficient and accurate service in the processing of all
transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, and account transfers.
Balances checks and cash to daily cash received vouchers.
- Receives loan payments, checks and cash for deposit into
members' savings and/or checking accounts, verifies amount, and
examines checks for proper endorsement, negotiability and inputs
information into the computer system via PC. Processes mail
transactions, replies to member correspondence by form letter
regarding transactions affecting their accounts.
- Provides member basic account information on Loans and Shares
products or existing accounts as needed.
- Under the direction of branch management, contacts member in
regards to deposit accounts, loan applications, and other products
- Inputs comments and records member activity in the Synapsys MRM
- Incorporates the "Pillars of Member service" into daily
activities, including providing friendly, professional service to
internal and external members.
- Stays abreast of and follows all Apple FCU products, services,
policies, and procedures. Meets all internal training requirements
for this position.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-selling and offers Potential
Sales Opportunities (PSO's) as presented in Synapsys and refers
- Processes member requests for share withdrawals.
- Adheres to Apple FCU Security Policy, CTR and SAR reporting,
negotiable items procedures. Refers questionable transactions to
immediate supervisor. Qualifications-all required unless otherwise
- Minimum (12) twelve months financial institution or cash
handling experience. Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and member/customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and cross-sell credit union products and
- Excellent math ability and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Symitar for posting teller
transactions and inquiry on deposit accounts and loan
- Ability to perform basic inquiry on loan applications in
- Proficient in Synapsys MRM, to act on PSO's, create and input
to events, and retrieve and read My Sales reports.
- PC proficient. Work Environment:
- Ability to function in a financial institution environment.
Hours: TBD Location: 362 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20170. *** Apple
Federal Credit Union values, encourages, and implements diversity
in the workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, Apple Federal
Credit Union does not discriminate in employment with regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability,
military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or
any other characteristic protected by law. All selected candidates
will be subject to credit and background checks to determine
employment eligibility. ***
Keywords: Apple Federal Credit Union, Germantown , Herndon Member Service Representative I/Teller (PT, Sales , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!