Associate Sales Representative, QIAGEN Foundation - Houston, TX
Posted on: May 4, 2020
At the heart of QIAGEN s business is a vision to make improvements
in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science
and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started
out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full
power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees more than 5000 in over 35
locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have
outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we
are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science
and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new
challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and
international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on
people s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
This position is ideally suited for an outgoing, highly
self-motivated individual looking to make a career in scientific
sales in the genomics/molecular Biology field. This is a perfect
opportunity for someone with a technical lab background or sales
experience to break into the growing Genomics industry.
- Meet or exceed sales targets for all products (Nucleic Acid
Purification, qPCR, Next-Gen Sequencing kits)
- Execute on tactical plans with sales team to maximize revenues in
lab to lab sales and assist in sales activities within defined
- Through consultative selling, enhance customer satisfaction and
strengthen competitive advantage while building trust and
relationships with customers
- Perform product demonstrations on-site and through web tools
(QIAGEN.com, Zoom Conference System, etc.)
- Drive product promotions through onsite stockrooms or other
- Create daily pre-call planning for increased sales
- Daily use of SalesForce.com database for input of customer
information to increase sales effectiveness
- Facilitate lead generation for additional products outside of
primary portfolio, i.e. Automation, Bioinformatics
Education level minimum of Bachelor of Science or equivalent
related scientific degree
- 1+ years of molecular lab experience preferred
- 0 to 2 years of directly related sales experience
- Wide range of knowledge of molecular biology applications and
products (i.e nucleic acid extraction, NGS, qPCR, etc.). Knowledge
of QIAGEN products preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently while under
guidance from manager
- Excellent ability to work in teams
- Superior listening, written and oral communication skills
- 90%+ of time spent in the field, willingness to travel and valid
driving license required
- Be proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Excellent listening, presentation and communication skills for
all business levels.
- (80%+) of time spent in the field, willingness to travel and
valid driving license required.
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently while under
guidance from manager and peers
- Ability to work in teams
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act
with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation
and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make
an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and
engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing
individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial
decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the
future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex
stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a
person s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression,
or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry,
medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any
other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: QIAGEN, Germantown , Associate Sales Representative, QIAGEN Foundation - Houston, TX, Sales , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!