Pharmacy Technician II- 32 hrs, Tysons Corner, Evening Shift (1:30pm- 9:30pm)
Posted on: March 20, 2023
$3,000 sign-on bonus eligible position!--Greets members at front
desk, enters information about prescriptions into computer system,
receives payment from members, and prepares medications for
approval by pharmacist.Essential Responsibilities:
- Greets members over the telephone, verifies members eligibility
status, and receives prescriptions from members for
- Enters prescription information into computer system and prints
labels for use by pharmacist.
- Receives payment according to terms of members plan.
- Calls members to pick-up completed prescription and to support
the transitional in care process.
- Answers routine inquiries from members regarding health plan
drug coverage, prices, and related issues.
- Identifies situations when patient should speak with pharmacist
regarding use of drugs and asks pharmacist to speak to member.
- Performs other related duties as directed.Basic
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.--Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.--License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacy Technician License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
OR Pharmacist Intern License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
- Pharmacy Technician License (Virginia) AND Pharmacist Intern
License (Virginia)---------- OR
- Pharmacy Intern License (District of Columbia) within 6 months
of hire OR Pharmacy Technician License (District of Columbia)
within 6 months of hire
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate--Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic drug names,
pharmaceutical calculations, and ability to assume responsibility
for coordinating drug inventory control in medical clinics.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of hospital computer systems.
- Working knowledge of hospital related medications.
- Data entry and spread sheet development.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician
training program or US Military program OR one (1) year of
experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred.Job Schedule: Job
Keywords: Kaiser, Germantown , Pharmacy Technician II- 32 hrs, Tysons Corner, Evening Shift (1:30pm- 9:30pm), Professions , Beallsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...