Truck Dispatcher - Winchester, VA
Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job ID: 476667
W-L Construction and Paving, a CRH company, is one of southwest
Virginia's largest grading contractors and the largest paving
contractor in the area employing more than 350 employees during the
construction months. W-L performs all aspects of roadway
construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and
utilities with paving operations exceeding one million tons per
year. With multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia, W-L
prides itself on its ability to provide a multitude of services to
many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by
being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is
the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates
producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North
America. We are also the number four cement producer in North
America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized,
diversified structure, letting you work in a small company
environment while having the career opportunities of a large
Job Description Summary
* Supervises and coordinates logistics within the transportation
department to ensure timely delivery of materials to worksites and
* Maintain and assist with paperwork and other records required in
the logistics dept.
* Assure customer satisfaction and timely delivery to worksites
* May plan transportation routes by consulting maps and regulations
to ensure timely delivery.
* May procure state-required certificates of title, permits and
arrange registrations as needed.
* Operation of computer system required in order to assist in
timekeeping, payroll and other duties of dispatch.
* Prepare reports as needed for upper management in a timely
* May assist in dispatching trucks to worksites/customers as
* Ability to be flexible to assist in other duties as time and
* Ability to supervise others as needed to ensure completion of the
* General understanding of the construction industry and ability to
assist in the management and logistics of operation.
* High school diploma and college education preferred but not
What CRH Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds
of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that
together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized,
diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company
environment while having the career opportunities of large
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the
first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be
brought to our official employment application. Please complete
your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our
system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your interest!
W-L Construction and Paving, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this
Date Posted: Dec 22, 2022
Keywords: CRH Plc., Germantown , Truck Dispatcher - Winchester, VA, Professions , Stephenson, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!