Marketing Data Programmer Analyst
Company: Hughes Network Systems
Posted on: January 26, 2023
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider
of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood,
Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a
pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network
Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more
information, visit . Follow on Twitter.
Hughes Network Systems, an EchoStar company, has an exciting
opportunity for a Marketing Data Programmer Analyst. This role is
for a highly organized and pro-active individual with a solid
background in database development and management, report
development, and a clear understanding of how clean, well-organized
data is critical to analytics and business decisions. This position
will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Use project management and database skills to design, build and
maintain a marketing database and an automation roadmap for
reporting and analytics.
- Utilize ETL skills to integrate multiple marketing data sources
into a customized data mart and design an efficient data architect
to meet increasing business demand
- Prepare functional and technical documentation for new or
- Analyze, design and develop an efficient data framework and
architecture to enable automation and blending of multiple data
sources which the analytics team will leverage for its
- Develop customized SQL queries for database solutions and ad
hoc business requests.
- Find solutions to automate many of the current fragmented
reports and/or processes, and will design and build relevant
reports, dashboards and templates for the marketing team and key
- Create, maintain and deliver dashboards and reports for key
- Facilitate communication between various stakeholders and
- Train and support analytic team on proper querying methods and
usage of the marketing database.
- Manage and maintain data transfer processes between Hughes and
multiple vendors to support the marketing targeting requirements,
analytic data requirements and new model development.
- Perform data quality audits, identify data collection issues
and gaps and recommend fixes.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related
- 4 years of experience in database and report development
- 4 years of expertise in Tableau, Oracle, SQL, MS Word, MS
Excel, ETL tools (Informatica), Python.
- 4 years of experience with relational database concepts and
strong SQL coding skills
- 4 years of experience in R, AI, AWS and/or mapping tools a
- Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts, schema concepts and
multi-dimensional models for development of query and analysis
- High level of interest in Marketing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and self-directed skills ability to
initiate, coordinate and prioritize responsibilities and follow
through on tasks and projects.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment as
well as independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated team player with strong work ethic
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive
benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the
ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you
and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support
and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package
covers it allfrom healthcare savings plans to education assistance
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match;
employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life
insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays,
health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities
(locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral
program, year round employee events and community programs,
discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program
(EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn
employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and
Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local,
state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and
maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for
certain positions. EEO is the law.
Keywords: Hughes Network Systems, Germantown , Marketing Data Programmer Analyst, Professions , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!