EHS Consultant - Industrial Hygiene
Company: BSI Group
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!About the
role: BSI America Professional Services Inc. (BSI) is hiring an EHS
Industrial Hygiene Manager to support the Environment, Health and
Safety (EHS) department at a client site in the Kalamazoo, MI area.
This is a full-time position with benefits, located at a
pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.EHS Industrial Hygiene
- Conducting industrial hygiene assessments of new and existing
products, processes and capital projects
- Identifying and support the implementation of contemporary
exposure controls to assure colleague protection.
- Provides information, instruction and develops hands-on
practical trainings to increase the knowledge of industrial hygiene
at all levels of the site.
- Develops processes and tools to assess occupational exposures
using strategies that align with the AIHA Exposure Assessment
Strategy (or equivalent).
- Provides industrial hygiene expertise to the site emergency
- Develops and leads the implementation of industrial hygiene
control and system improvements across the site
- Facilitates the recording of all hygiene activities - using the
medgate (Cority) system in line with corporate
- Tertiary qualification in the appropriate discipline (CIH
qualification is highly desirable however extensive experience will
be considered in lieu of formal qualifications).
- Minimum 10 years of Industrial Hygiene experience preferably
within the manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Level 4 or 5 Occupational Exposure Banding -experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Proven experience developing industrial hygiene plans and
exposure control strategies
- Extensive experience generating qualitative and quantitative
- Ability to self-manage sampling activities from planning,
sampling, analysis and reporting tion of results
- Ability to effectively communicate exposure results and action
- A broad understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and good
manufacturing practices is highly desirable.
- Dynamic attitude with an ability to effectively coach,
influence and motivate colleagues, supervisors and managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to prioritize and work under pressureWhat we offer:BSI
offers a competitive salary, group-sponsored health and dental,
short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan,
company paid life insurance, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time
off.#LI-SH1#LI-OnsiteOur Excellence Behaviours: Client-centric,
Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviours represent how we do
things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to
work and a highly successful business.BSI is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and we are committed to diversity.BSI is conducting
face-to-face interviews where appropriate and possible. If you are
invited to a face-to-face interview but feel more comfortable with
conducting the interview virtually, please speak to a member of our
Keywords: BSI Group, Germantown , EHS Consultant - Industrial Hygiene, Professions , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!