Company: Aligned Data Centers
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Does the thought of joining one of the fastest-growing,
privately held data center companies sound exciting to you? Do you
enjoy collaborating with team members to drive and operate some of
the industry's leading and most innovative infrastructure
solutions? Join our incredible team at Aligned that is powering the
platforms of many of the world's leading hyperscale and enterprise
customers.At Aligned, not only do we celebrate success across our
platform, we celebrate the very teams that drive and support that
success! As an Aligned team member, enjoy benefits like excellent
health care, education and training, giving back through volunteer
opportunities, year-round staff appreciation events and awards, an
overall great corporate culture, and much more.We are a company
dedicated to driving employee and customer success as well as
positive change in the industry through continuous data center
innovation, diversity and inclusion, and corporate sustainability.
Be part of our AlignedDNA.Check out our website
(www.aligneddc.com). You can also find us on LinkedIn or Facebook
to learn more about our team, our sustainability initiatives and
recent news releases. JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, Service
DeliverySUMMARY: The Senior Manager, Service Delivery supports all
aspects of construction management and data center fit out
including oversight of employee and third-party organizations to
complete a specific project while coordinating with other Managers
on the same Aligned project site. This position requires strong
self-management skills and the ability to work cross functionally
with other departments as well as reporting progress to customers
to achieve a successful customer fit out experience. DUTIES AND
- Coordinate all live construction activities with building
operations while promoting safety and compliance initiatives and
requirements on site.
- Lead the management of current data center fit out projects and
status of project cost while tracking/overseeing all permits and
time schedules to stay on budget with customer fit out
- Direct the day-to-day operations and long-term strategic
direction of Construction projects (in various regions). Projects
will be large, fast moving, complex, and require a high degree of
coordination and proactive leadership.
- Organize and partner with cross function work groups, including
design, procurement, operations, IT/Network, and finance as needed
to achieve construction management best practices
- Assist in the creation of programs that allows Aligned
Operational Leadership to track and manage all elements of
construction projects in real time.
- Work directly with Solutions Architect team members to optimize
and improve project budget and delivery schedules.
- Report weekly project schedule and progress with Customer
Success Managers in the oversight and direction of all construction
activities and construction personnel.
- Own and maintain all administrative duties associated with fit
out projects (to include, but not limited to: Request for
Proposals, Project Award Notification and Semi-Annual Business
- Assist in the set up and management of project budgets
according to the project controls procedures set forth by Senior
Leadership. Work within Aligned cost tracking system (defined by
- Work closely with Aligned and/or 3rd party on-site Project
Manager to track all the cost aspects of a project to include, but
not limited to:
- Input all commitments into cost tracking system including
establishing a schedule of values for each commitment that aligns
with the cost coding structure established.
- Input and track cost events into the cost tracking system and
track cost events until they are closed.
- Assist with the review of requests for change orders.
- With oversight and direction, maintain proactive communication
between the Aligned Service Delivery Team, Financial/ Accounting
and Senior Leadership Teams.
- Review and initial approval of construction related
- Audit cost codes with invoices, contracts and purchase
- Input all requests for change orders and track their
- Work closely with the Operations Leadership Team; assist in the
reporting of all financials of ongoing projects including forecast
of project budgets and cash flow reporting monthly. STRONGLY
DESIRED WORKING EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Project Management Software (MS Projects, Prolog, Procore, BIM
260, or similar).
- MEP Systems
- Mission Critical Environments MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Construction Management,
Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-7 years Project/Construction Management experience
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office
products, particularly Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong time management and
- Ability to understand and follow clear directions and meet
specific deadlines with reporting, communication, and project
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and
- May travel at times up to 25%
- Knowledge of construction cost estimating methods and
development of scopes of work.
- Ability to understand construction project scopes.
- Able to monitor and interpret design and schedule changes and
forecast their impact on overall project costs.The above is
intended to describe the general content of and requirements for
the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical
requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Aligned is an equal opportunity employer that
embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that
represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and
teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of
employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or
discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and
Keywords: Aligned Data Centers, Germantown , Construction Manager, Professions , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!