Mid-Level Cybersecurity Risk Consultant
Company: Dark Wolf Solutions, LLC
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Mid-Level Cybersecurity
Risk Consultant who will collaborate with internal teams to drive
client accreditation needs and act as a support piece to strengthen
cybersecurity controls and align practices to meet NIST SP 800-37
Rev. 2 Risk Management Framework. The candidate should have a
strong foundational understanding of RMF and be able to perform the
following tasks with minimal supervision:
- Conduct interviews and engage in hands on work to understand
and improve client cybersecurity processes, technologies, and
- Create artifacts to support making accreditation decisions to
include System Categorizations, System Security Plans (SSPs),
Control Matrices, Security Assessment Reports (SARs), and Plans of
Action & Milestones (POA&M)s.
- Develop, review, and critique assessment and authorization
(A&A) documentation in compliance with DoD Cybersecurity policy
and agency guidance, including DoD, ICD, CNSS, and NIST special
- Develop and implement Policies, Procedures, and Standard
- Work as part of a larger Cybersecurity Team and potentially
support multiple programs at one time.
- Research security standards/tools; review or conduct system
security and vulnerability assessments of cloud and on-prem
environments in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Support development and implementation of innovative methods to
achieve compliance with government and commercial cybersecurity
- Demonstrate familiarity with Assured Compliance Assessment
Solution (ACAS) scans and Security Technical Implementation Guides
(STIGs); and be able to communicate risks and issues to Authorizing
Officials and stakeholders.
- A bachelor's degree in information security or related
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, information security, or
a related field that includes demonstrated experience with NIST
800-37 rev2, NIST 800-53 rev4, NIST 800-53a rev4.
- Advanced writing skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for
executive level consumption.
- Advanced problem-solving skills: able to use prior experience
and knowledge to address new situations, especially during
interactions with clients.
- Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and
knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information
during client interactions.
- The following certifications are desired: Security +, CISSP,
CISM, CISA, CRISC.
- Recent experience with cybersecurity and information assurance
accreditation processes for DoD or IC.
- Knowledge/Experience with NIST 800-171 rev2, Protecting
Controlled Unclassified Information in Nonfederal Systems and
- Understanding of FedRAMP accreditation requirements and
- Cloud experience with Google, Azure, or AWS is a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer
Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected
categories.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will
be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the
United States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification form upon hire.
Keywords: Dark Wolf Solutions, LLC, Germantown , Mid-Level Cybersecurity Risk Consultant, Professions , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!