Company: Ecolab Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning,
sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the
hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a
Material Handler! This role is responsible for safely operating
lift equipment to move raw materials and finished goods.
What's in it For You:
* The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful
challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food,
abundant energy and healthy environments
* The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a
company that is passionate about growth
* The support of an organization that believes it is vital to
include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to
achieve our best
* Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment-
medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock
purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more! Click Here to see
What You Will Do:
* Wearing all appropriate personal protective equipment,
maintaining a clean work area, following proper lifting and other
work procedures, understanding MSDS and the requirements of working
with chemicals, following equipment procedures and safe driving,
operational and storage practices, etc.
* Determining needed packaging materials and locating these items.
Using forklifting equipment in order to keep all production
locations supplied with packaging and raw materials. Removing
finished products from lines and staging areas to maintain
production rates. Properly storing pallets of finished goods and
restocking partial pallets of leftover raw material and packaging
supplies at the end of a production run.
* Checking raw material, product and package appearance for any
inconsistencies from specification. Unusual raw material, product
or package appearance should be brought to the attention of the
* Performing daily safety and operational checks on equipment being
used and documenting this information. Also documenting any other
production and quality data as required.
* Sorting empty pallets to cull those that do not meet
specification and place these non-specification pallets in area
specified for repair.
* Ensuring that packaged products meet specification and when
applicable FDA guidelines and requirements, meaning in a manner
that conforms with laws pertaining to transportation of chemicals,
meets customer needs, and ensures that the product arrives at the
* Ensuring that all loads moved are securely fastened to the pallet
* Performing battery changing as necessary to maintain operation of
* Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned by
* Plant location: Martinsburg, WV
* Work week and shift:
* 2nd shift: Monday- Friday, 2:00 PM- 10:00 PM
* 3rd shift: Sunday- Thursday, 10:00 PM-6:00 AM
* Compensation package offered: $21.00/hour (+ $0.35/hour shift
differential for 2nd shift, +$0.50/hour shift differential for 3rd
shift) increases to $22.97/hour + shift differential
* Minimum of High School diploma or GED educational background.
* Ability to work safely and efficiently while maintaining an
organized and clean work area.
* Ability to operate a stand-up forklift.
* Attention to detail crucial in maintaining quality standards
throughout the process.
* Ability to read and execute instructions all paperwork. Also, to
read and match numbers on labels, totes, raw materials, finished
goods and packaging materials.
* Ability to understand and track daily activities as required.
* Ability and desire to learn new processes and equipment as the
* Ability to meet physical demands
* Adhere to all plant policies and rules.
* Must be able to lift/carry 50lbs
* Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
* Previous experience in a related industry (chemical, food
products, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, etc.) and/or a warehouse.
* Experience driving lift equipment and operating and maintaining
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive
benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families.
Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab
Career website, view our benefits at
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for
certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which
in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a
religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant
and approved by Ecolab. You will be asked for proof of your
vaccination status. All applicants should be aware that Ecolab is a
federal contractor. If the federal contractor vaccine mandate is
reinstated in its current form, all Ecolab employees will need to
be vaccinated, or have an approved religious or medical
accommodation in place.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified
sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our
application process upon request as required to comply with
applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation
assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab
Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and
we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can
grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal
treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote,
transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of
individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters
affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions,
and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against
any associate or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic
information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our
goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered
veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a
place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Ecolab Inc., Germantown , Material Handler, Professions , Martinsburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!