Senior Construction Project Manager
Company: Himes Associates, Ltd.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Data Center Project Managers
Himes Associates, Ltd is the premier professional project
management and owner's representative firm in the mission critical
and commercial spaces. Consisting of a team of dynamic project
professionals, our corporate motto is "GSD - Get Stuff Done" Simply
put, this is a GREAT place to work with a teaming collegial
environment, challenging projects, and world-class Fortune 500
Himes Associates, Ltd. has a need for the position of a Mission
Critical / Data Center Project Manager in Ashburn, Virginia. This
position will generally provide management of various Mission
Critical / data center construction projects ($10MM -- $300M+).
This includes being a member of the project team for management of
the design and construction teams, as well as communication and
coordination with cross-functional, internal project teams. A
critical aspect of this position is to minimize the client's risk.
This is accomplished through leadership and managing consistent
processes, maintaining thorough records, minimizing disruptions to
work processes, and monitoring for errors and omissions.
Local candidates preferred. This position does not provide
relocation nor is it eligible for telework.
General Purpose and ScopeDrive the data center construction project
from design, development through commissioning. Provide project
management leadership and support as the Owner's Representative for
the Client. Be present onsite and support the build to suit process
for the Client.
Essential / Indicative Job Duties
- Provide oversight of equipment specification, pricing, and
- Provide daily management of all aspects of engineering design
- Support the design and construction team to ensure that all
owner objectives are met including those relating to quality,
schedule, and budget
- Acting as Owner's Representative, as liaison with project team
for construction documents, submittals, requests--for--information,
change orders and meeting minutes
- Represent owner at engineering design and construction project
- Manage all aspects of independent testing and reporting
throughout the project
- Coordinate all utility shutdowns, building penetrations, and
- Support the commissioning team
- Provide Client with regular project reporting
- Provide engineering design and construction updates to Client
- Provide engineering design and construction related cost and
- Maintain records of all projects related communications
Minimum Education/Experience/Skills/Required Licenses or
- BS/BA degree, preferably in engineering, construction
management or related architectural degree; or have 4-7 years of
experience managing mission critical design and construction
projects greater than $10MM
- Demonstrated record of leadership and achievement delivering
projects on time and on budget and meeting other project
- At least 5 years' experience in base building construction
- Must have strong data center construction management
- Must have strong MEP experience
- Must have strong desire to work well with a team and ability to
communicate effectively on behalf of the Client and Himes
Compensation PackageHimes Associates, Ltd. offers a very
competitive compensation/benefits package including but not limited
to paid medical, 401(k) plan, Profit Sharing, paid vacation,
competitive salary, and an excellent work environment!
1099/ Sub-Consultant arrangements will be considered for this
Keywords: Himes Associates, Ltd., Germantown , Senior Construction Project Manager, Professions , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!