Data Center Technician
Company: LevelUp Force
Posted on: May 7, 2021
LevelUp Force has an urgent need for a Data Center Technician to
support the Operations Team of one of our prestigious Satellite
Network Provider customers in Germantown, MD with team. ** Must be
able to support a rotating 24x7x365 on call work schedule** This
position will work closely with the onsite Technical Support and
Engineering teams, the Network Management Center, and all customer
engineers and management. Responsibilities:
- Support a highly complex communications network and be
responsible for 99.99% system uptime with zero defects.
- Perform system-monitoring, routine preventive maintenance,
customer problem tracking, and network problem resolution for
Baseband, IF, and RF Communications and related backend
- Perform System Administration, Network Monitoring and
Management, new build-outs, and maintenance of the IP and system
- Troubleshoot issues and develop procedural and technical
recommendations for improvement.
- Plan and coordinate implementation of new products into the
- Perform system and equipment level capacity monitoring,
planning, and network performance activities.
- Maintain equipment inventory and configuration management
records, including software releases, patches, and hardware
- Ensure compliance with applicable Data Center Standards,
Service Management Quality Program, and ITIL standards. Basic
- Associates degree, electronics school certification, or
equivalent military training and experience.
- 3 or more years experience with LAN/WAN industry standards, and
working knowledge of TCP/IP and Ethernet configuration and
- 2 or more years working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Industry certifications are a plus (Microsoft, Linux, VMware,
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines, and work well
- Basic electronics troubleshooting skills desirable (ability to
use and interpret readings from a range of test equipment including
spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, protocol analyzer, power meter,
Fiber test sets, etc.).
- Candidates must have excellent problem-solving, customer
relations, and written and oral communication skills.
- Candidates must be highly self-motivated and independent, and
comfortable working with others in a distributed environment Job
Requirements:**Must be able to work and manage a 24 x 7 x 365
schedule including rotating on-call shifts** This position will
include rotating monthly shift work (10am - 6pm, 2pm - 10pm, and
10pm - 6am)
Keywords: LevelUp Force, Germantown , Data Center Technician, Professions , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!