Security Analyst - Herndon VA
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
* The Role*
* The Security Analyst will work under the Director of Industrial
Security and/or Manager Security Federal and provide security
administrative support to complex government programs with
responsibility from collateral to SCI
* Provide support in areas of Physical, Personnel, Facility and
OPSEC for both DoD and SCI programs to ensure the protection of
* Will assist the Program Security Manager with investigations of
incidents, security infractions or violations to reported to the
Director of Industrial Security and the customer.
* Administer, direct, and review security operation programs to
ensure a safe and secure environment for employees, visitors,
customers and others.
* Assist the Program Security manager with the development of
methods to improve security policies, processes, and practices, and
recommend changes to management.
* Fulfill all reporting requirements of all-relevant government
rules and regulations.
* Will attend Program and Customer related meetings as needed
* Will pass clearances via JPAS, Unclassified Fax, or Classified
email as needed.
* Will provide classified Program briefings and FOUO level Annual
Security Refresher training as required by the Customer.
* The Main Responsibilities*
* The position of Security Analyst is a administrative position and
is able to: *
* Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs
of the audience.
* Talk to others to convey information effectively.
* Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time
to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses
of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
* Adjust actions in relation to others' actions
* Be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as
* Communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
* What We Look For in a Candidate*
* Basic Qualifications, Skills and Education:*
5 years of professional experience, a bachelor's degree or equal
education and exp or 2-3 years with a master's degree.
* This is a security administration position.
* Working knowledge of resource material that describes the
policies and procedures for the protection of classified
information and the ability to overlay those policies to develop a
strong security program
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* *Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Education:*
* Bachelors, Associate's, some college or applicable years of
* Current TS/SSBI.
* CI Polygraph preferred
* What to Expect Next*
Requisition #: 248509
* EEO Statement*
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Range *Salary Min : *56610
* Salary Max : *126120
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for
this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums
may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills,
experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales
compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for
long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you
can view additional information[
We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you
move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad
range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and
perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial
wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking [
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are
governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
Salary Range *Salary Min : *56610
* Salary Max : *126120
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job
based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the
job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on
individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors.
We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in
and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are
welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection
Keywords: Lumen, Germantown , Security Analyst - Herndon VA, Professions , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!