Systems Analyst - AWS
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable
mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the
leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more
people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the
housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we
work together to enable access to a good home.
Design and develop computer applications and systems from existing
systems, user needs and specifications, and software design
constraints and software capabilities. Use structured methodology
to define needs, develop and documenting technical requirements,
and define coding specifications. May work with off-the shelf
application software, proprietary organization application, or
enterprise software which is being modified or customized for a
particular report or analytic purpose. Brings to bear both
knowledge of computer systems' capabilities and limitations and the
business needs of client. May spec out estimated time and resources
needed for a project.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with the business unit or other subject matter experts to
identify or refine technical requirements for application under
development or being revised.
- Document requirements for enhancements for specific
- Review and/or contribute content to requirements, design, or
- Perform data analysis at various stages of project, in order to
assure development of a quality application. Analysis can include
requirements development, testing, or user acceptance.
- Contribute to application test plan, and evaluate test results
to assist development or test staff.
- Assist project manager in task identification, resource
allocations and schedule estimates for staff on assigned project in
order to help keep project resourced appropriately and on track.
May take lead on small projects or on segment of larger
- Provide business domain and/or technology and/or process
expertise and mentoring to others on team. Prepare or contribute to
briefings of application owners at pertinent stages of project.
EDUCATION Level Required
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred
- Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area Of Study Preferred
- Computer Science
- 8-10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Required Skills
- Strong data analysis work on AWS data storage services S3,
Redshift, Glue, Dynamo DB etc.
- Hands on experience with Oracle or equivalent RDBMS, SQL client
tools such as Toad, Zeppelin notebooks, SQL Plus other SQL
- Knowledge of Financial Products, Risk Management, Portfolio
Management will be a plus but not mandatory
- A background in Finance or degree in Finance (Undergrad or
- Strong MS Excel/Power-point skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong verbal & written
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a bigger
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Tableau and/or Micro-Strategy reports/analytics experience
- Knowledge and experience with Tibco ESB/Messaging services
- Experience in ServiceNow or equivalent ticketing system
- ITIL, AWS certifications would be good to have
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at [email
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Germantown , Systems Analyst - AWS, Professions , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!