Senior Manager of Public Sector Sourcing
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Senior Manager of Public Sector Sourcing in Ashburn, Virginia,
United States - Jobs/Careers - Verizon Breaking News: Verizon
elevates Super Bowl LV with 5G built right. Skip to main
- Search Careers
- Ashburn, VA
- Full-Time Supply Chain
- Senior Manager of Public Sector Sourcing Senior Manager of
Public Sector Sourcing
- Ashburn, VA, United States
- Full-Time Supply Chain
- Job # 555917
- Date posted - 2021-02-05 Share this Job When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... As the Senior Manager of Public
Sector Sourcing you will lead a team that exclusively supports the
procurement and resale of products and subcontract of services
under Verizon's contracts with the US federal government as well as
state/local government, educational institutions (SLED) and
customers. A key aspect of the Senior Manager role is to build
collaborative relationships with our internal business partners as
well as strategic relationships with our suppliers. You will lead a
team of CSE's (Category Sourcing Experts) and will actively manage
multiple highly visible, time-sensitive activities, effectively
interfacing with all levels of management, and efficiently ensuring
the sourcing process is completed consistent with Verizon's
policies and goals.You will partner with Business Partners,
Contract Management and Legal teams, and serve as a trusted advisor
to developing Category Strategy, objectives and plans and negotiate
and complete key strategic deals, and drive aspects of complex
strategic sourcing process. You will lead various Cross Functional
Teams (CFTs) to develop Verizon's requirements and to reach
consensus. This includes having a thorough knowledge of budget and
planning, as well as drafting necessary language to translate
business needs into specific requirements for contract-related
documents, e.g. Statements of Work (SOW), Letters of Authorization
(LOAs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), etc. You will partner on
negotiations, pricing T&Cs, conduct research and provide
benchmark data, including conducting and facilitating RFP's (RFQs
or RFIs). You will need to understand priorities, challenges and
needs on an ongoing basis, while managing expectations.
- Driving all aspects of the complex strategic sourcing
- Navigating standard Verizon commercial business procedures
while mitigating the additional risks of public sector related
contracting and subcontracting.
- Taking the lead on Verizon's pre-proposal submission engagement
with suppliers and subcontractors as well as post-award contract
negotiations of business and pricing terms and conditions with
suppliers and subcontractors.
- Collaborating closely with key business partners to understand
their priorities and challenges.
- Managing supplier relationships to maintain positive and
ethical working relationships.
- Leading various cross functional project teams to develop
Verizon's requirements and to reach consensus on supplier agreement
- Collaborating with internal business partners to determine
appropriate prime contract flow down terms, develop negotiations
strategies, objectives and plans.
- Drafting necessary language to translate business needs into
specific requirements for contract-related documents (e.g. Master
Agreements, Statements of Work (SOW), Teaming Agreements,
- Reviewing upcoming government related projects to determine
Sourcing impact. What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Sourcing or state/local education consulting/sales
- Experience leading teams.
- Willingness to travel. Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience with competitive bids and RFPs as well as direct
- Experience in contract negotiations to include business, price
and technical terms.
- Experience in drafting contract documents.
- Experience leading and/or participating in cross functional
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in data analysis and supplier assessment.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability in
- One or more of the following certifications: Certified
Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM), Certified Federal Contracts
Manager (CFCM), Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM),
Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified
Purchasing Manager (CPM). Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud
to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees'
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us
stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more. Share this Job
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS Moving the world forward togetherOur credo
is at the core of the
V team culture. Perks that work for youView our benefits Learn
moreExplore more about Supply Chain jobs Your Careers AccountCreate
/ update your career account Related Careers Supply Chain Jobs in
Ashburn, VA Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager, Marketing &
Advertising - Ashburn, VA, United States Sourcing Manager,
Logistics and Fleet - Ashburn, VA, United States Show all...
Services & Solutions
- Home Services
- Mobile Plans
- Small and Medium Business
- Enterprise Solutions
- Verizon Connect
- Public Sector
- Partner Solutions Support
- Mobile Online Support
- Home Online Support
- Contact Customer Support
- Sign in to your Account
- Store Locator Network Technologies
- 4G LTE
- Fiber Optics
- Multi Edge Compute (MEC) Innovation
- 5G Labs
- 5G First Responder Lab
- New Business Incubation
- Verizon Ventures
- 5G Future Forum
- "The Network" Thought Leadership Ad and Content Platforms
- Verizon Digital Media Services
- Verizon Media Advertising Solutions
- Verizon Media Platform Solutions
- In the know Follow Careers Follow Verizon News Follow Inside
Verizon Follow Customer Support
- --2021 Verizon
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information
- Terms & Conditions
- Open Internet
- Important Consumer Information
- About Our Ads
- Site Map
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Germantown , Senior Manager of Public Sector Sourcing, Professions , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!