Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Micro-data Systems Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Sr. Systems Engineer Storage Services 100% On-site in
As a Sr Systems Engineer in Storage Services, you will ensure the
stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the Storage
systems that support our DR clients. The Engineer will apply proven
communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help
identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit
of Infrastructure Storage systems while mentoring team members with
client support. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the development & execution of processes and
control systems to ensure the consistent delivery of highly
available Storage platforms.
- Remediation of storage incidents including timely responses,
thorough analysis, and all proper follow-up actions.
- Create and manage infrastructure architecture, requirements,
design specifications, and documentation
- Responsible for overseeing of incident queues to ensure service
level service levels are met.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service
surrounding the Company values.
- Provides clear & accurate communications to the participating
project team regarding assigned tasks to meet implementation
deadlines and objectives.
- Completes assigned installs and implementation projects in a
- Develops documentation of environments to accurately reflect
the as-built information of the solution design and include details
of our Storage environments.
- Act as the primary resource for ensuring the successful
completion of tasks assigned to deploy Storage solutions.
- Alerts supervisor and project management representative of any
hardware or Storage issues impacting the delivery of
- Has demonstrated a broader or advanced skill set and
successfully completed advanced training to be able to provide
support for more complex problem resolution.
- Pre-sales support - collaborate with Sales Engineer and Sales
Executives and various groups to select appropriate design,
process, and test to ensure the compatibility of system components
for client solution.
- Follows documented procedures for installing, maintaining, and
administering server hardware and software environments.
- Deep understanding of multiple technical functions such as
VMware, Storage NAS, and SAN, network fundamentals
- Hands-on administration and operation of scalable storage
- Experience in Storage hardware/software technologies such
- IBM - Global Mirror
- Pure - Pure1 Manage
- Netapp - Snapmirror, Snapvault, ONTAP, OnCommand
- EMC - Navisphere, SRDF, Avamar, Isilon, ActiveIQ, DataDomain,
- HPE - 3PAR
- Object Storage
- Block and File Storage management and optimization: upgrades,
audits, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, migration,
volume configuration, and provisioning
- Perform daily operations, problem research/resolution, and
systems management tasks
- Internal/External (SAN) DASD general understanding and
- Possess a solid understanding of backup/replication
technologies (IBM Global Mirror, Pure, NetApp Snapmirror, EMC
- Knowledge in Virtual Tape Library (VTL) solutions
- Troubleshooting skills, analytical skills, experience in high
- Must be able to work in an on-call rotation and support for
Client Test Exercises or Disaster Declaration
- IBM Storage - FlashSystems, Spectrum Virtualize, Spectrum
- Storage Area Networking (Brocade and/or Cisco MDS).
- Cloud experience, specifically AWS, Azure, and Google
- Linux knowledge is a plus.
- Automation scripting knowledge.
- Excellent analytical abilities resulting in problem
identification and resolution.
Keywords: Micro-data Systems Inc., Germantown , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!