Senior Full Stack Developer
Company: Music & Arts
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description Have you developed a reputation for your ability to
strategize, analyze, design and implement important eCommerce
initiatives? Do clients rely on you to create and communicate the
detailed technology architecture and implementation strategy for
the solution? If leading technical teams through the design and
development of complex transactional systems sounds like a
challenge you want to tackle, then we want to meet you. The Senior
Software Developer will ideate, design and develop ATG, Oracle
eCommerce-based applications and provide end user support. In this
role, you should be an expert in functional code with a sharp eye
for spotting defects. You will be empowered to establish rigorous
coding practices to be operationalized across the team. Heavy Front
End role; you will be responsible for integrating different backend
services, debugging, and troubleshooting. - Responsibilities will
include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Solution features from simple (or well-defined)
objective/problem statements, including architecture, design,
build. Work with a product mindset.
- Design, create, test and support software applications.
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team to deliver new
capabilities. Coach and mentor other team members as needed.
- Quickly and effectively troubleshoot problems in development
and production environments
- Review code and designs from other members on the team
- Provide suggestions on performance improvements of existing
- Coordinate with product owners and business partners to gather
requirements and document them as needed.
- Work with offshore team to hand over the tasks and reviewing
- Additional duties as assigned. About Music & Arts Music & Arts
embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our
teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create
lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling
musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost
indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We
believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and
integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion. The first Music
& Arts was located in a small house in Bethesda, MD and run by
founder Benjamin O'Brien. When Music & Arts opened its doors in
1952, we offered printed music, music lessons, dance lessons, and
art supplies. Ben decided shortly after opening his business that
he wanted to focus on music to better serve his customers -- a
decision that remains intact to this day. Since the 1990's, Music &
Arts has expanded nationwide through organic growth and a series of
acquisitions and mergers with other music dealers. In 2005, Music &
Arts joined forces with American Music to become the largest band
and orchestra instrument retailer in the United States. Based in
Frederick, MD, Music & Arts is now part of the Guitar Center
enterprise and comprises 225+ retail stores, 200+ educational
representatives, and 250+ affiliate locations. To join our band,
you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer,
Developer or similar with a strong software development background
in Endeca, ATG, Linux/Unix, RDBMS is a must.
SQL, Microservices, and REST API frameworks
- Experience in designing/developing/supporting high volume 24/7
customer facing applications is a must
- Knowledge on SEO tools to troubleshoot the google crawling
problems and test the issue is desired.
- Knowledge of source code management system like GIT
- Experience in Spring Boot, WebLogic / JBoss, Apache / Nginx,
CDN (ex. Akamai / Cloudflare), NodeJS is highly preferred
SQL while the older code bases are monolithic architectures written
in HTML, JAVA on Oracle ATG commerce. The older platforms need to
be supported as you create new and innovative versions on the new
platform ultimately migrating all functionality to the new
- Deep understanding of ecommerce system (e.g., ATG, Shopify,
Magento, Demandware), content management system (e.g.,
- Experience with API Gateway and Cloud Foundry is a plus
- Hands on experience with any one Cloutd technologies
- Experience with Web Services (GraphQL/REST) and Microservice
- Previous experience in a team lead role over an Engineering
team is a desired.
- Knowledge of CI, CD & Automation tools like Jenkins and Ansible
- Must be a team player with great interpersonal and
communication skills; time-management skills are critical Love this
gig and want to apply? Send your resume and cover letter today
along with salary expectations! Music & Arts is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment
opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.
All employment decisions are based on valid job- related
requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability
or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to
use or access our website, you may request a reasonable
accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can
request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-818-735-8800 ext.
2862 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Keywords: Music & Arts, Germantown , Senior Full Stack Developer, Other , Hamilton, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...