Accountant II- Sysco
Posted on: November 25, 2022
US0177 NorthEast Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services,
Up to 25%
Hybrid schedule with quarterly onsite work.
This is a Finance position responsible for performing and
supporting the daily accounting activities as well as supporting
activities in all other departments in Redistribution. The position
supports the Manager Finance. The role is responsible for helping
identify and create efficiencies to reduce operating costs through
careful attention to detail while performing daily tasks by
analyzing daily, weekly, quarterly and annual reports as requested
under the direction of the Manager Finance with limited direct
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review inventory adjustments daily to assist with the analysis
and support of local shrink goals.
- Review daily IMIV27 reporting for large purchase cost and
catchweight variances for additional research and corrections as
- Review, research, and correct catch-weight related variances
and assist in performing billing/payable communications and
- Assist in reporting and forecasting facility and operational
expenses as requested by the local management group.
- Assist with the preparation and review of period, quarter and
year end closings by performing reconciliations, etc., as required
to support the financial statements for the Redistribution
- Accurately code expense invoices with spend category and
department and send into the CORA system for the Redistribution
Center (also requires use of Workday). Bring trends and issues to
management's attention to help reduce expenses.
- Facilitate payment of OpSite credits and miscellaneous
- Assist with review of local fixed assets and the auditing of
those assets annually. (additions, retirements, etc.) and aid in
developing process to streamline maintenance.
- Assist with the annual self-assessment audit process.
- Ensure that bank deposits are made timely and submitted to SGS
for recording on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that the payment of freight claims, SMS/BSCC claims, and
salvage invoice payments are applied to the appropriate GL
- Assist with preparation for local audits as required including
inventory, financial, and total facility.
- Train as backup for the daily scanning and sorting of receiving
paperwork as needed.
- Train as backup for the weekly Key Data reporting.
- Assist in preparation of monthly journal entries, intercompany
transactions, and monthly reconciliations.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies
(i.e., attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate
- Understand and ensure compliance with all applicable
State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e., OSHA, HACCP,
- Support food safety policies, standard operating procedures,
and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and
quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our
Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Report any unresolved issues to supervisor.
- Observe all safety rules to reduce accidents and injuries and
report any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidential
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as
requested. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have strong attention to details and possess excellent
follow up skills.
- Must have strong sense of urgency and ability to
- Must have proficient use of Microsoft Excel and Word and
exposure to Access.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to handle a
high volume of work including diverse tasks accurately.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance required with 3+ years
of finance or accounting experience. Associates degree in
accounting with at least 10 years' accounting or finance experience
will be considered as a minimum requirement.
Must have effective written and oral communication skills with good
vocabulary, proper grammar and the ability to independently compose
written communications. Must have the ability to accurately listen
to inquiries and use experience and judgment to meet departmental
needs. Must have the ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers,
and the general public.
Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all
units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Must be able to compute discounts, rate, ratio, and
Must be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and
solve problems by using previous education and experience in
identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity
and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some
solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a
solution unique to the current situation, but within the
regulations that would apply.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
The working conditions and physical demands described are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human
Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or
controls, and talk and hear. The associate frequently is required
to sit for prolonged periods of time, and is frequently required to
use the telephone. The associate is regularly required to stand,
walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, and the ability to
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an associate encounter while performing the
essential functions of this job. Job is performed in an office
environment. The noise level in the work environment usually is
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability
to work a varying schedule on weekdays, but may be required to work
weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary, or change based
on customer order requirements and/or departmental and business
The position does not require travel.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to
describe the principal functions of the occupation described and
shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: SYSCO, Germantown , Accountant II- Sysco, Other , Woodstock, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!