Patient Companion-Per Diem
Location: Blairs Mills
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Title: Patient Companion-Per DiemLocation: Lewistown,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and
Nursing SupportSchedule: Per DiemWork Type: Part timeDepartment:
JM-GLH Nursing DepartmentDate Posted: 03/04/2022Job ID: R-25815Job
SummaryAre you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are you
an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team of
dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute
today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact.Job DutiesProvides a safe
environment, companionship and supportive care for patients that
require constant observation as identified by a nurse or physician.
Maintains a safe environment for any patient requiring 1:1
supervision. Maintains constant observation of patient. Responsible
to accompany the patient if he or she must leave the unit for
reasons identified by the care provider. -
- Patient observation, maintain a safe, private, and comfortable
therapeutic environment, redirects impulsive and harmful behavior,
always remain in clear sight of patient, unless otherwise
instructed by the nursing staff.
- Observe any special precautions as required.
- Calls for assistance when unable to redirect patient or there
is a potential for self-injury.
- Obtain report at the beginning of shift from nursing unit.
- Report back to Registered Nurse the status of assigned
- Report pertinent information to Registered Nurse at the end of
the shift Accompany patient to all clinical tests, procedures, or
appointments off the patient s unit Talks to the patient and use
conversation to keep them focused Assist in providing activities
for daily living.
- Assist patients with meals, when patient does not have
swallowing precautions, or require carbohydrate counts.
- Assist with bed making.
- Activates bed alarms and and or chair alarms.
- Assists staff with walking patients.Work is typically performed
in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job
specific obligations and complying with all organization policies
and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.Position
DetailsWe're proud to offer:
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Lorie Lopez, Recruiterfirstname.lastname@example.orgEducationHigh
School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)Our Purpose &
ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for
our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and
our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would
hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues
who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge
with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Germantown , Patient Companion-Per Diem, Other , Blairs Mills, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!