Scientist I, Immunoassay Development
Company: Horizon Therapeutics
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us,
success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of
lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly
to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who
are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something
bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose
values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help
others live up to theirs.
Summary of Position:
Horizon Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Scientist I to
join the Analytical Sciences Department within Technical
Operations. The candidate will report to the Senior Director of
Analytical Sciences and will primarily be responsible for
supporting in-process testing (ELISA, qPCR, gel electrophoresis,
etc.) and cell-based bioassay development of clinical pipeline
assets and help establish new lab operations and procedures. The
candidate will be an integral part of the day-to-day operation of
the Analytical laboratory and supporting site activities.
- Collaborate with dynamic and functional teams to support
analytical development, manufacturing process development,
formulation development, and tech transfer.
- Perform routine ELISA, qPCR, SPR, and gel electrophoresis
testing to s upport process optimization and product
- Practical experience in molecular biology techniques to assist
in bioassay development capabilities.
- Design and execute experiments with the ability to troubleshoot
technical problems independently.
- Aid in analytical method development, optimization, and
- Perform data management tasks including data analysis; generate
experimental protocols and documentation; reporting results within
the department and at the cross-functional level.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Education requirement: MS or PhD degree in Cellular and
Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life sciences field is
- MS with 3-5 years or PhD with 0-2 work experience.
- In depth knowledge of molecular biology techniques .
- Hands on experience with immunological assays and plate-based
- Demonstrated ability in creative problem solving and
application of scientific principles.
- Attention to detail, good multi-tasking, time management, and
organizational skills are essential.
- Strong communication skills to present internally and
externally with other organizations.
- Strong technical writing skills: preparation of analytical
methods, study reports, SOPs etc.
- Previous lab experience in mammalian cell culture, protein
chemistry and purification is a plus.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a
condition of employment, with either Pfizer (fully approved by the
U.S. Food and Drug Administration), Moderna or Johnson & Johnson
(currently granted emergency-use authorization by the FDA). "Fully
vaccinated" is defined as two weeks after your final dose of the
Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Horizon will provide
medical and religious accommodations as required by law.
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified
applications are given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who,
because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in
completing this application or at any time during the application
process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Horizon Therapeutics, Germantown , Scientist I, Immunoassay Development, Other , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!