Baler/Battery Operator Weekend Nights, West Virginia- Full Time (2830)
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Macys is proudly Americas Department Store. Theres a reason weve
been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value,
and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macys.
The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macys. Our Distribution Center teams
are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make
sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customers
doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot
goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an
online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get
it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible across the
country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people
working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles
you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers,
equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance,
safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role
you play we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge thats
right for you! Job Overview:
Macys Baler Operators perform all functions related to the
processing of trash and recycling according to local standards.
- Inspect, sort and bale all waste cardboard and plastic.
- Maintain balers and compactor clear of trash that can build up
and create a malfunction.
- Maintain the dock area (area surrounding baler).
- General Housekeeping. Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- No experience required
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening,
weekends, and/or holidays Physical Requirements:
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing
ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and -other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs - WAREHOUSE00 Supply Chain
Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in
locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement Random drug
testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or
semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but not
limited to the size of the facility and the number of colleagues on
roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for testing by a third
party. Testing must be completed on the same workday the colleague
is informed of selection for testing, absent extenuating
circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be completed
within 24 hours of notification. Candidates in Colorado: Click here
for - -and here to . - - Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for - #logisticsRequired
Keywords: Macy's, Germantown , Baler/Battery Operator Weekend Nights, West Virginia- Full Time (2830), Other , Martinsburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!