Posted on: September 23, 2022
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160
years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives.
Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy's gives our customers the ability to choose their shopping
experience - in our stores, on our site, and through our app.
Macy's global Supply Chain manages the end-to-end process of
getting products to our customers, no matter how they choose to
shop. We deliver high-quality products to our customers wherever
needed, whether in-store, curbside, or right at their doorstep.
Every colleague in Supply Chain plays a vital role in creating a
positive customer experience. This is an opportunity to build a
dynamic career across various disciplines in a field marked by
rapid change, challenge, and continuous innovation.
The Director of Maintenance, under supervision of the Facility VP
is responsible for the maintenance of facility and all equipment.
Perform other duties as assigned. -This role is based in our
Martinsburg, West Virginia Direct to Consumer Distribution
- Develop strong working knowledge of facility mechanical,
electrical and plumbing systems and take ownership post
- Maintain building and equipment in optimal, safe running
condition at the lowest possible cost.
- Develop cost effective maintenance, energy consumption, and
operational improvements of facility and equipment.
- Purchase equipment, parts and contracted services, following
all Macy's capital policies and procedures.
- Work with outside regulatory agencies and consultants as
- Provide estimates of cost for major repairs and capital
- Prepare scope documents and solicit proposals for repair and
construction services from third party service providers.
- Develop innovative cost effective ideas for improvement to
existing material handling systems and create optimal product
- Participate in the design and development of facility material
- Assume ownership of all MHE mechanical controls for design,
installation and ongoing maintenance.
- Work closely with vendors for installation of material handling
equipment, while adhering to specifications.
- Train, develop and supervise engineering &housekeeping
- Develop and manage predictive maintenance programs. Regular,
dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university or
- Systems/Technology: Knowledge of proprietary systems and
programs including PM program, Sortation / Scanning Systems,
knowledge of PLC.
- Ability to make good decisions and manage several processes in
a fast paced environment.
- Excellent leadership: responsible for leading and providing
direction to a team of hourly associates, flexible, team
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents
such as reports and procedure manuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- Regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking, may
occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch, vision
abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- Strong Organizational skills, communication skills,
leadership/teamwork skills, negotiating skills, strong
troubleshooting skills, good financial management skills, basic
- Willing to work extra hours and Saturdays. Ability to work a
flexible schedule based on department and store/company
Keywords: Macy's, Germantown , Maintenance, Other , Martinsburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!