Data Scientist - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
Company: Logistics Management Institute
Posted on: August 7, 2022
OverviewLMI is seeking a Data Scientist to support an
Intelligence Community client. This position will be located in the
Northern VA area. -LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the
business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced
analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory
services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in
1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense
agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate
completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are
entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value
our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland
security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We
believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented,
hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous
compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first
day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition
reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to
our employees.ResponsibilitiesDevelop, maintain, and troubleshoot
sophisticated translation workflows that incorporate optical
character recognition (OCR), computer-assisted translation,
post-edited machine-translation, speech-to-text, and other advanced
Human Language Technology (HLT). Manage HLT projects with varying
levels of complexity. -WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Work with the customer, system administrators and information
technology (IT) staff, and translation vendors.
- Work with translation files such as TBX, TMX, SRX, and
- Align and manage translation memory files with specialized
software or workflow.
- Operate computer assisted translation tools (CAT), machine
translation (MT), and optical character recognition (OCR)
- Recommend strategies and workflows that leverage a range of
human language technology in specific language processing
- Clearly communicate complex technical ideas to non-technical
users, and helping non-technically-savvy users in operating the
basic functions of CAT, MT, and OCR tools.
- Collaborate with other technical specialists in generating HLT
solutions. -QualificationsHave the following required skills,
certifications and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience of HLT technology, tools, associated
processes, and associated data.
- Demonstrated experience in localization engineering and
- Demonstrated experience generating, managing, and maintaining
multilingual data resources such as translation memories (TMs) and
terminology databases (TBs).
- Demonstrated experience with translation files and standards
such as TBX, TMX, SRX, and XLIFF.
- Demonstrated experience developing, testing, implementing, and
maintaining translation and localization workflows and providing
associated workflow documentation.
- Demonstrated experience recommending the use and installation
of new system components, releases, or upgrades.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required.Other skills and
demonstrated experiences that are highly desired but not mandatory
to perform the work, include:
- Demonstrated experience in computer-assisted translation,
post-editing of machine translation, or the translation and
localization of websites, games, and software.
- Demonstrated experience with Unix scripting, Perl, Powershell,
Python, Ruby, and similar technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with unicode and multilingual,
multibyte languages and computing or similar technology.
- Demonstrated experience working with creation, maintenance, and
implementation of Machine Translation engines into translation
- SDL Trados Studio for Translators and Project Managers
- SDL Post-Editing of Machine Translation
- SDL MultiTerm
- TAUS Certified Post-Editor of Machine Translation, TermNet,
XTM, Memsource, and Lilt
Keywords: Logistics Management Institute, Germantown , Data Scientist - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required, Other , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!