Ambulatory Surgical Technologist
Location: Port Matilda
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Ambulatory Surgical Technologist
Location: Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: State College Operating Room Team
Date Posted: 06/06/2022
Job ID: R-33017
Job SummaryAssists surgeon with procedures related to the care of
patients of all ages during surgical intervention.
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical timeout.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating
Registered Nurse and surgeon for operative procedures.
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments, per policy.
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated
instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment for each individual
- Disposes of linens, needles, and sharps in appropriate
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as
instructed by the Registered Nurse and Surgeon.
- Anticipates needs of surgeon during the intra-operative
- Cleans and prepares room between procedures and organizes
effectively for end-of-case cleanup.
- Reports to the Registered Nurse, reactions, results of
procedures, and any changes observed in the patient's
- Documents pertinent medical information and initiates emergency
procedures where indicated.
- Restocks Operating rooms, monitors inventory and pulls case
supplies for the following day.
- Assists in the training of new personnel in the primary area of
responsibility.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Germantown , Ambulatory Surgical Technologist, Other , Port Matilda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!