Offset First Press Operator
Location: Great Cacapon
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment
and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad s
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class
automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital,
gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of
options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by
innovative, interesting days, you ll find hard work is good work,
and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something
shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad Full-Time First Press Operator
Careers across Quad are defined by a rich legacy of passionate
people driven by innovation and motivated to find a better way.
Fueled by interesting days, you ll find hard work is good work, and
feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something shared by
everyone in the community we call Quad.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site
healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and
vacations, and many more great benefits.
You ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with
the team that s transforming an industry. Your work matters at
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while
guiding crew to meet and exceed production standards while
maintaining customer quality requirements.
- Keep accurate records of all delay time during shift.
- Adhere to all current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Know set-up and maintenance procedures for entire press
- Ability to troubleshoot unit and folder problems with minimum
- Ability to troubleshoot reel and stacker problems with minimum
- Attain and maintain proper ink and water balance
- Keep ongoing list of maintenance issues to be addressed during
next scheduled maintenance, one list for all crews
- Direct crew to specific duties during scheduled
- Check and set rollers, change if necessary
- Communicate with Supervisors on any problems developing to help
determine the best time to correct and prioritize
- Read entire job ticket; special instructions, ink colors, paper
brand, basis weight, etc.
- Perform needed maintenance during any delay time
- Knowledge of post folder equipment and proper set up
- Monitor and maintain constant ink densities per customer
- Attend all Operators meetings
- Generate constant feeling of urgency, when press is down, to
maintain production requirements
- Continue learning new and improved processes to achieve
- Work safely while demanding your crew to work safely
- Responsible for promoting, enforcing and sustaining Safety, 6S
and Lean programs and look for ways to improve the operation.
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development of other
Pressroom personnel and assisting Supervisors in documenting and
improving procedures and processes by offering ideas and
- Assist Supervisors in providing feedback for employee
- Facilitate teamwork on crews and between shifts
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- 3+ Years Press experience, must have at least one year of
manufacturing experience within the last three years
- Experience on a web press chopper fold combination
- Able to lift and move 50 pounds or more repeatedly.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7am to 7pm
or 7pm to 7am) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Able to stand for 12 hours.
- Detailed knowledge of offset printing process
- Ability to read, write and perform math operations
- Ability to apply written and verbal instructions for machine
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to interact and guide crew members
- Must demonstrate reliability through attendance, punctuality
and ability to stay in work area.
- Must be able to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude. Ability to work overtime as
needed. Additional Shift Information
Shifts for this position will be 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am and will
include days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The
Company s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any
other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or
local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and
employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Quad, Germantown , Offset First Press Operator, Other , Great Cacapon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!