Truss Assembler - 1st & 2nd Shift (20833-376)
Company: Building Materials Holding Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Now offering a $500.00 sign on bonus paid after 90 days of
employment. Apply today!
If you'd like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced
organization, BMC is the company for you! Military and Veterans
encouraged to apply.
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube:
At BMC, the Truss Assembler is an entry level team member
responsible for assembling building material components. This
dedicated team member performs one or more repetitive jobs on an
assembly line under direct supervision.
* Assembles building material components such as wall panels, roof
and floor trusses. Processes include insertion or positioning of
materials, clamping, splicing, fitting parts and use of both hand
and power tools.
* Plans and implements the assembly process by reading and
understanding set-up sheets, work orders, drawings or blueprints
and gathers necessary materials and tools to complete order.
* Ensures that assembled items meet specific quality
specifications; may propose process improvements in order to
increase finished quality or efficiency of assembly processes.
* Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily,
weekly, project, or team related production goals.
* Responds attentively to training from Supervisor or more senior
assemblers in order to increase own knowledge of work
* Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in
order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic
safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve
* May perform other duties or projects as assigned by
1st Shift: 6:00am m- 2:30pm / 2nd Shift: 2:30pm - 11:00pm
* Minimum education required: High school or GED.
* Minimum experience required: Entry-level position requiring
background in physical labor type work.
* Special skills required: Use and read a measuring tape and
framing square correctly. Ability to read and evaluate VA work
orders. Ability to communicate with other coworkers and
* Ability to work in a high paced team environment to meet daily
* Must be able to;
* Lift 65 pounds from ground level to standing position, 20 pounds
above my head.
* Pull 20 pounds from a standing position, from various levels,
including above my head
* Pull 20 pounds from a kneeling position, from various level,
including above my head
* Stand and/or walk for an 8-10 hour shift
* Frequently bend and stoop during an 8-10 hour shift
* Other: Temperatures will vary. Dusty and noisy environment when
operating machines and tools. Ear protection required when exposed
to noise for an extended period of time. Eye protection and steel
toed (safety toed) hard sole leather boots required at all times.
Overtime work could be involved.
Keywords: Building Materials Holding Corporation, Germantown , Truss Assembler - 1st & 2nd Shift (20833-376), Other , Martinsburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!