Assistant Manager - Carlisle, PA
Company: Tractor Supply
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Located in Carlisle, PA
Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s
This position is responsible for proficiency in all areas of a
retail operation. The position serves as the second in charge of
operations to the Store Manager. Duties include providing
leadership and direction to the store team, ensuring a positive
customer shopping experience and performing operational activities
throughout the store and giving appropriate direction to the store
Team Members. This position is also responsible for promoting a
safe and productive work environment for all Team Members,
customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the
appropriate application of policies and procedures.
It is essential that you be available,
flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to
fulfill all of the following requirements:
1. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
2. Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied
hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime, as dictated by
3. Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by
following and enforcing policies and procedures.
4. Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Greet the Customer
- Uncover the Customers’ needs
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
- Proficient in all Team Leader and Receiver functions.
5. This position is required to perform a
combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day.
Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and
staffing model makes it essential that every person in this
position be able to perform all of the following duties accurately,
efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance
- Assist Store Manager in Store Operations including: driving
sales and profit, customer loyalty, planning, prioritization, and
delegating of daily tasks.
- Support Store Manager in Team Member counseling,
hiring/staffing decisions, scheduling, Team Member training and
development, and maintaining a productive work environment.
- Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
- Transport and make deposits to the bank.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has
a positive experience.
- Lead freight movement, and support merchandising initiatives,
feed management, and inventory control.
- Train Team Members on the appropriate application of policies
- Operate cash register/computer
- Supervise cash handling procedures.
- Adhere to loss prevention standards and respond to any alarm
calls as needed.
- Operate Forklift and Baler
- Assist customers with loading purchases.
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job
6. May be required to perform other duties
Experience: Previous retail
leadership experience is required. Farming, ranching, pet/equine,
or welding knowledge is strongly preferred. Must be 18 years of age
or older and possess a valid driver’s license.
Education: High school diploma or
the equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in Business
Administration or related field is preferred. Regardless of
education level, you must be able to read, write, and count
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate
noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots are generally hard surfaces
(concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are
adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather
- Work shifts
vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4
hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, and vendors, as well as train Team Members on
the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
Physical and Mental
This position is non-sedentary. It is
essential that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability
to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely;
to operate all equipment related to this position’s job duties
efficiently, safely, properly, and accurately; and to provide the
highest level of customer service. You must have the physical and
mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or
without reasonable accommodations):
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50
pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with
the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including
selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all other equipment necessary to run
a store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, forklift, baler, computer, cash
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication
skills to communicate effectively with team members and
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to
dispense propane, and to dispense propane.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- Ability to travel as required in support of district
- Ability to drive or operate a vehicle for business needs.
This job description represents an
overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position.
It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of
responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as
assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Supply Company (TSCO), the largest
rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to
enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members’
commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores
in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply
ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8
billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve
those who live “Life out Here”!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great
Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company
offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, &
Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time
Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours
requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such
as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Keywords: Tractor Supply, Germantown , Assistant Manager - Carlisle, PA, Other , Chambersburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!