Sr. Security Analyst
Company: Shenandoah Telecommunications Company
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Insight Global is seeking an experienced Security Analyst to
support one of our clients for a permanent opportunity. This is a
primarily remote role however candidates must sit in a state that
the client currently has employment status (VA, WV, MD, PA, KY).
The Senior Security Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of
information security systems, policy development and maintenance,
and monitoring compliance with all security policies and standards.
In addition to the risk, compliance, and policy focus of this role
the successful candidate will be trained up to also contribute to
the teams security efforts through threat hunting, endpoint
detection, IDS/IPS, penetration testing etc. Daily responsibilities
- Coordinate and perform internal and external penetration tests,
application as well as network vulnerability assessment scans, and
security risk assessment reviews
- Monitor, evaluate, and advise on information security issues
related to systems, data, network, and workflow to ensure security
controls are appropriate and operating as intended
- Develop and document security architecture and plans, including
strategic, tactical, and project plans
- Collaborate/coordinate with internal team members, external
vendors, external consultants, and external contractors in a
professional manner while performing software onboarding,
professional services, and/or security assessment activities.
- We are looking for someone that comes from a very strong/senior
background within risk, policy, compliance and looking to get into
a more hands-on analyst role that will involve the endpoint
detection, threat analytics, IDS/IPS
- Role will be a very balanced mix of the two sides of security but
willing to train them up on the technical hands on side even if
they come from a background with little exposure.
- Vulnerability background is still a huge plus!
- Bachelors Degree with focus in information, application, and
network security OR equivalent related experience
- 5-10 years experience in network, application, and information
- Strong analytical skills needed ability to identify detail
information risk, governance and compliance concepts and
- Ability to review reports and system activity logs to corelate
and identify critical events, categorize according to priority and
escalate as appropriate.
- Applicable knowledge of Information Technology, Information
Security, program maturity and domains, networking fundamentals,
and data management concepts
- Strong understanding of governance, risk, and compliance
frameworks such as NIST and CIS
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux systems, Active Directory
Architecture, EDR, data governance, vulnerability management, SIEM
systems, and Information Security compliance, standards, and
Keywords: Shenandoah Telecommunications Company, Germantown , Sr. Security Analyst, Other , Edinburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!