Company: Axalta Coating Systems
Location: Front Royal
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a
leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of
high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in
the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing
high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by
market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at
the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative
coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and
appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's
productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint
of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47
customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows
the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries.
Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force
and technical support organization, as well as through
approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The
Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its
success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer
relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments:
Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end
markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and
Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North
America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
Axalta Coating Systems is seeking a Resin Engineer to join its
Process Technology team located at the Front Royal, VA,
Manufacturing Plant. The successful candidate will become a key
member of the Global Process Technology Team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop or
improve resin process technologies and advance fundamental
understanding of resin processes in support of Axalta growth and
lean initiatives. The focus will be on polymer resin process
development, scale-up and manufacturing support. This includes use
of various measurement techniques to quantify resin properties and
development of understanding the relationship between key product
attributes and critical process factors from laboratory to
- Optimize resin manufacturing processes for Axalta globally by
generating improvement ideas, designing and performing experiments
on laboratory and pilot scales and implementing recommendations on
- Collaborate with R&D product/resin formulators to scale up
and align resin intermediate products.
- Advance fundamental understanding of resin process
- Develop new tools for improving the methods by which we develop
and scale-up new resin formulas and chemistries.
- Work closely with modeling community within Axalta to help
develop processes for making resin.
- Participate in resin manufacturing forum to support and/or
troubleshoot plant resin process and quality issues.
- Interact with Axalta personnel in the business and operations
functions on a routine basis.
- Provide coaching on technical issues to both peers and
- Organize work flow including setting and meeting deadlines, and
adhere to core values including safe work practices.
- Function as key contact on teams related to quality, management
of change, or others.
- B.S in Chemical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience
in process engineering.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge in the areas of polymer sciences and polymer reaction
- Basic knowledge of polymer synthesis techniques and
- Demonstrated ability to work and contribute in team
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Knowledge of designed experimentation and statistical data
- Candidate must possess strong problem solving skills.
- Candidate must have a working proficiency with Microsoft Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Willingness and ability to travel (<10% of working
- Share Axalta's values of integrity, critical thinking, effort,
"Please note that Axalta Coating Systems will not accept any
candidate profiles sent unrequested and unsolicited by recruiting
agencies. Axalta Coating Systems collaborates with preferred
providers based on framework agreements and will not pay any fees
to recruiting agencies without an agreement. Should Axalta Coating
Systems receive a candidate profile form a recruiting agency with
which there is no framework agreement, and should the respective
candidate be considered or hire, this will not entitle the
recruiting agency to claim payment or fees."
Keywords: Axalta Coating Systems, Germantown , Resin Engineer, Other , Front Royal, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!