Data Center Regional Electrical Engineer (Field Engineering)
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As an Amazon Field Engineer, you will provide full life-cycle
support to AWS Data Centers from design inception through site
improvement and maintenance. You will be the 'go to' engineering
resource for your region when technical advice is needed, and will
use your subject matter expertise and engage with diverse teams
- Perform design and equipment submittal review for new Data
Centers in your region.
- Troubleshoot, conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and create
Corrective Action (CA) documentation for site/equipment
- Directly support operational issues with ad-hoc training,
complex operating procedure reviews, including critical equipment,
and event support.
- Own the design for existing data center upgrades and
design-solutions, which add capacity, improve availability, and
- Lead, Review, and approve designs for existing co-location
(colo) data center upgrades which improve
- Interface with internal data center design engineering team,
server hardware team, environmental health and safety team to
promote standards that maintain consistency and reliability in
- Work on concurrent projects, sometimes in multiple geographical
- Initiate and lead engineering site audits within Amazon's owned
or colo data centers. Produce reports outlining risks with
recommended mitigations and remediations.
- Act as resident engineer during new construction projects.
Support construction, commissioning, and turnover.
Amazon's vision is to be the world's most customer-centric
company, and this role is key to that vision. As a Field Engineer,
you will be leading projects to fit out our data centers to meet
ever-evolving customer needs as we continue expanding our fleet to
hyper-scale. As an ideal candidate you:
- Possess Strong Engineering Judgement and are able to provide
recommendations despite uncertainty
- Are detail and data oriented
- Have experience managing engineering projects and
- Build trust and relationships with different stakeholders
(e.g., Operations, Commissioning, Construction and Design)
- Be inclined to get into the field to see things up close.
Each day you will interact with different teams responsible for
all aspects of the data centers. You will prioritize your
activities to support data center capacity availability and safety
focusing on the actions that are most impactful. You will have the
opportunity to work on projects locally and globally. We have an
immediate opening for a Field Engineer in, Northern Virginia. If
you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the
challenge of innovative projects at hyper-scale, this job is for
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Structural
Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ cumulative years of experience with industrial or commercial
engineering in Mission Critical facilities including but not
limited to: data centers, power generation, oil / gas facilities.
- Organized and have the ability to set priorities and meet
deadlines and budget
- Possess leadership and problem-solving skills
- Experience using a variety of web based and other software
tools for calculation and data processing.
- Direct experience with the design, construction, operation, or
maintenance of mission critical facilities, especially data
- Experience as resident engineer or hands-on (in the field)
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations for your
- Experience reading, interpreting, and creating construction
drawings, specifications, and submittal documents.
- Ability to carry design concepts through exploration,
development, and into deployment/mass production
- Possess excellent communication and writing skills, attention
to detail, maintain high quality standards
- Basic understanding of both mechanical and electrical
equipment/design related to data centers (Including but not limited
to: uninterruptable power sources , diesel generators, electrical
switchgear, power distribution units, variable frequency drives,
automatic/static transfer switches, chillers [air-cooled and
water-cooled], pumps, cooling towers, heat exchangers, CRAHs, air
- EPMS/SCADA/BMS Controls system experience (software and/or
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and
complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Germantown , Data Center Regional Electrical Engineer (Field Engineering), Other , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!