Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Company: Newell Brands
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Title: Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Reports to: Director, Operations
Location: Winchester, VA
The position will provide collaborative leadership for all
Environmental, Health & Safety activities and programs for the
Operation. This position will provide support to the plant in
achieving the site-wide goal of eliminating work-related injuries.
Support includes evaluation of the worksite, training in OSHA and
EPA related matters, proactive analysis of loss experience and
recommendations regarding worksite environmental health and safety
- Develops and implements company health and safety procedures,
processes and programs which ensure the safety of the operation,
which are compliant with OSHA, EPA, Company best practices and
other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Leads the Safety Excellence & Leadership (SEAL) process and
implementation/monitoring of NWL environmental compliance program
for the facility. Supports internal & third-party safety &
- Develops and implements safety & environmental awareness
training material and programs with an emphasis on behavior-based
safety, increasing hazard awareness, and supporting regulatory
compliance and internal environmental management programs.
- Active leader in the investigation, documentation and analysis
of accidents and injuries. Maintains a follow-up system to ensure
corrective action is promptly implemented.
- Leads develop or coordinate supervisory, new hire, and
contractor training programs which will increase proficiency in
safe practices and promote safety & environmental
- Responsible for serving as a technical resource to support
associates, at all levels, on safety and environmental-related
issues. Maintains site compliance calendar tracking applicable
safety & environmental reporting requirements ensuring
- Analyzes and assesses plant safety trend data to drive safety
resource allocation and ergonomic initiatives to reduce
- Maintains good relationships with Workers' compensation TPA's
and manages claims, including return to work practices.
- Maintains OSHA log, written safety plans, training records and
other reporting requirements.
- Conducts or coordinates a critical task assessment for the
facility. Act as a resource to the Plant Leadership Team in
assisting them to implement written Job Safety Analysis for tasks
that are identified as critical tasks, within their
- Responsible for inspecting the facility to detect existing or
potential environmental health and safety hazards, including
identification of opportunities to reduce safety and regulatory
risk; supporting the development of engineering solutions,
controls, and corrective/preventative measures where
- Manages the development of programs/events that build
awareness, motivate associates to participate in plant safety &
environmental initiatives. Recruit and select associates to
participate as members of the Safety Committee, Ergonomics
Committee, etc. and build an awareness culture within our
- Conducts/participates in department meetings and promotes an
open line of communication with other team members.
- Complete special assignments and projects on an as needed
Technical Experience and other Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in EH&S, Safety Engineering, Human
Resources, or other relevant technical fields required.
- Three to five years of related safety and/or occupational
health experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of results in a fast-changing environment.
Action-oriented - results-driven.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA & EPA regulations.
- Experience leading behavior-based initiatives preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Workers' Compensation case management
including the transition to work programs.
- Strong leadership, coaching and relationship-building
- Demonstrated experience in project planning and
- Ability to gain employee commitment to site and company
- Demonstrates integrity and credibility in all aspects of
- Works collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, under
the guidance of the Director of Operations within the stated
objectives and guidelines of the company.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods
company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including
Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot,
Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK,
Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For
hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better
every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and
its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with
applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to
Keywords: Newell Brands, Germantown , Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager, Other , Winchester, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!