Our Cyber and Intelligence Community (IC) business unit has an
immediate need for a Division Vice President/Growth lead who will
direct current operations and have direct responsibility for
revenue growth, implement strategies in alignment with the Critical
Mission Solutions (CMS) Cyber and Intelligence business unit
business plan. This position reports to the Vice President /
General Manager of Cyber Joint Performance Unit (PU), and partners
with business development leaders to profitably grow Jacobs' Cyber
and Intelligence business by maturing customer accounts and
capturing opportunities including readiness, operations, and
analytics for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and intelligence
community clients. The core function of this position is to direct,
plan, and implement growth along with ensuring current operations
In this role, you will:
Execute strategic plans, support business initiatives, and work
with various teams to create opportunities for the company. Make
recommendations for change or modification to growth strategy and
daily operational procedures. Be responsible for project delivery,
financial forecasting and performance, client satisfaction,
partnering with other leaders on growth strategy across multiple
clients and markets.
- Drive initiatives that contribute to long-term operational
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key
- Direct delivery of projects in defined areas; ensuring projects
are completed at or ahead of schedule, costs are managed to budget,
and customer expectations are exceeded
- Grow the PU's future years' pipeline. Responsible for full
opportunity life cycle of all PU pursuits to include oversight of
capture activities and opportunity hygiene
- Sets priorities and take ownership for all growth top
- Secure internal resources to maximize opportunity
- Develop, nurture, and manage DOD agencies cyber sales pipeline
to meet growth objectives. Maintain sales forecasts and partners
with senior leadership to determine pipeline requirements for
sustained organizational growth.
- Serve as critical subject matter expert to drive sales
initiatives and provide expert recommendations to senior
- Apply technical proficiency to drive thought leadership in
public forums with business and technical leaders through selected
speaking engagements and involvement in key industry events.
- Recommend, review, and approve policies and procedures for area
of responsibility and/or application across the CMS LOB.
- Provide professional and technically sound programs that
accomplish work objectives, satisfy clients' requirements, and fall
within overall constraints for resources.
- May serve as an advisor on major projects and programs.
- Serve as an official company representative to clients.
- Leads implementation of quality, safety, and BeyondZero program
in area of responsibility to promote an incident- and injury-free
Note: Location of role is flexible; preference is within the
Washington, D.C. metro area
Here's what you'll need:
- A Bachelor's degree and eight (8) years related sales/technical
- Prior experience within DISA, Defense Agencies and Defense
Services community, and other governmental agencies strongly
- Ability to demonstrate capability in Microsoft Office Suite and
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills as evidenced by prior
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
(and other languages, as applicable).
- Ability to work as required after hours and on weekends, and
sometimes short notice.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Top Secret
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of
time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a
computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not
limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete
daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a
possibility that due to parking availability and location of work,
traveling moderate to long distances may be required.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or
outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a
cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise,
bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various
environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to
be able to work well with co-workers, customer, and all levels of
management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Work site is located in Dulles View, VA.
Equipment and Machines:
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer,
printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment
including desk supplies and other work related tools as
Regular hours will be between Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but
not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and
regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit
flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on
critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions: Must demonstrate professional
behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and
co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications
skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must
be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk
to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by
behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent
personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel
to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be
required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In
some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if
necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear
seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when
vehicle is in motion.