As a Trex R&D Manager, Performance Materials you'll be
leading and managing an R&D technology team.
As a member of our R&D Performance Materials team, you'll be
helping us improve existing products, design and develop new
products, formulations and processes including developing
- Work with key stakeholders to understand business requirements
and expectations in order to develop strategic direction to the
R&D Performance Materials
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technology and trends in
- Identify and incorporate new technology into future
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, operations, strategic
planning and Senior Management.
- Provide an environment that fosters technology and product
innovation and development.
- Establish direction, goals and process; set priorities,
motivate team members and deliver results to meet business
objectives and timelines.
- Collaborate with Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Collaborate with procurement and operations on new and
alternate materials, and operational efficiency.
- Maintain an understanding of the competitive and supplier IP
landscapes and lead internal IP development.
- Mentor future leaders to identify development needs and develop
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure R&D direction
is in alignment with corporate strategy.
- Coordinate technology transfer to manufacturing and support
A Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Materials/Polymers or
Science. A Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material
Sciences, or similar subjects are a plus. Ten-or-more years in an
R&D technical role and five years of leadership experience. If
you've worked in product development or commercialization, you're
Trex material for sure.
Have experience in materials or polymer sciences? You'll fit in
WHO WE ARE
We're the No. 1 decking brand in the world, and we're determined
to keep it that way. This is how we do it:
- Hold ourselves to relentlessly high standards.
- Focus on action and results.
- Push ourselves and each other to the next level.
- Always do the right thing.
- Prioritize quality.
- Take safety seriously.
- Never settle for second best.
If that sounds like you, keep reading.
When you join the Trex family, you'll become part of a
passionate team of self-starters who came to win and never back
We won't hold your hand. You'll need to embrace the challenge of
figuring things out on your own.
Also, if you have a great idea, speak up. We want to hear
BENEFITS & PERKS
We believe that hard work should be rewarded. We take care of
you as part of our Trex family so you can take care of yours. Here
are just a few of the perks beyond the paycheck:
- Time Off - We'll give you paid holidays and paid vacation.
- Bonuses- We know you like a good challenge. Hit your targets,
and we'll pay you extra.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance- Choose from a variety of
options. We'll pick up a pretty generous part of the cost. Plus,
you can earn lower rates through our wellness program.
- 401(k) With Company Match- Save for your retirement and we'll
match it dollar for dollar.
- Tuition Reimbursement- We're all about pushing to the next
level. When you're ready to get the degree, we'll pick up part of
- Training and Education- We offer dozens of options to boost
your performance - both online, on-site and nearby.
- Stock Purchase Program- Invest in Trex at a discounted
- Employee Discount Program- We sell the world's No. 1 decking
brand. It makes sense that you'd want it at your house too, so
we'll give you a discount.
We offer leadership positions to the team members who earn them.
If you're looking to continue to grow your career or learn new
things, you'll have plenty of opportunities.
Winchester, Virginia, United States