RN/LPN/CMA/RMA Patient Care Specialist (UVA Children's Hospital Specialty Clinic Winchester)
Company: University of Virginia
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
A $2,000 sign on bonus offered to the hired candidate
- Half in first paycheck
- Half after three months of employment
The incumbent is responsible for providing clinical support to
physicians and patients in a Clinical Practice Group setting. These
duties may include documenting in the EMR, pend orders per
protocol, charge capture, inbasket management, perform patient
care, vital signs, assisting physician with procedures, performing
various laboratory tests and quality control indicators, administer
medications and immunizations and telephone triage.
- Room patients and complete intake process per protocols.
- Manage clinic work flow
- Administer medications and vaccines. Perform venipuncture,
start and regulate IV fluids and other ambulatory procedures within
scope of practice and job role.
- Perform laboratory duties to include point of care testing
(POCT), laboratory tests, and quality control indicators, preparing
forms and following up on results.
- Responsible for specimen processing, test performance, and
reporting test results. Follow the laboratory's procedures for
specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and
maintaining records of patient results.
- Adhere to the laboratory's Quality Control policies and
document all Quality Control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or
test result reporting and correcting the problem or notifying the
- Assist providers in procedures and perform various test
- Operate spirometry, audiometry, tympanogram, EKG, and other
- Evaluate lab work and advise provider of critical values.
- Manage EMR requirements to include: in basket, phone calls,
prescriptions and results in a timely manner.
- Answer telephones, confirm appointments, maintain appointment
schedule following office scheduling procedures.
- Obtain prior authorizations, waivers and consent for
medications and procedures as needed.
- Triage patients and advise per protocol.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of medical supplies for the
- Maintain medical instruments and ensure clinical areas are
appropriately stocked and cleaned.
- Provide patient education and guidance under provider
- Enter orders per protocol for providers to include medical
tests/labs/imaging. Responsible for ensuring thoroughness of
medical documentation. Completes all documentation tasks in a
- Schedule consultation and specialty appointments, laboratory
and diagnostic tests.
- Document and charge capture for service rendered in EMR.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: Two years previous experience working in a medical
practice preferred. Must have experience operating lab and medical
equipment. Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and Universal Precautions
protocols. Experience utilizing a personal computer and
Licensure: Current Virginia RN or LPN License or current
Virginia CMA/RMA Certificate (certification only from AAMA, AMT,
NHA or NAHP accepted). Presentation of nursing state license or
certificate documentation is required upon employment and annually
General busy clinical environment. The incumbent will be working
in a office and patient examination room and is required to help
move patients when needed and standing during portions of the
physical examination. Physical activity required would include the
ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50 pounds, and would involve
standing for prolonged periods of time, as well as frequently
bending/stooping and traveling. Physical hazards include potential
exposure to body fluids and associated pathogens/infectious
disease, as well as potential exposure to chemicals.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System
which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and
Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences
Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our
faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing
itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political
affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic
Keywords: University of Virginia, Germantown , RN/LPN/CMA/RMA Patient Care Specialist (UVA Children's Hospital Specialty Clinic Winchester), Other , Winchester, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!