Company: Harris Geospatial Solutions
Posted on: April 9, 2021
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more
important than ever to meet our customers' mission-critical needs.
L3Harris is continuing to hire talented people to join our team,
and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring
practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate
interviews and prioritizing video interviews. We also have virtual
new hire onboarding processes in place for those whose jobs can be
performed remotely. Click here to learn more about opportunities
with L3Harris. For more information on L3Harris' response to the
COVID-19 situation, click here . Our Business and Operations team
has an unwavering focus on our commitment to excellence in
everything we do. They're the backbone of our ability to deliver
mission solutions with speed, innovation and flawless
- Full Time
- Level: Varies
- Travel: None Success Profile What makes a successful Business
and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the
- Technical Quote Job Description L3Harris is dedicated to
recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are
passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a
shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for
professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging
environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life
success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on
values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence
in everything we do. L3Harris Technologies is an agile global
aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end
solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company
provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air,
land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18
billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in
more than 100 countries. Description: Job Title: Contracts LeadJob
ID: AS20200912-54087Job Location:Herndon, VAJob Description:
- Administers--contracts--and agreements in accordance with
federal government regulations and--company policies and
procedures, manages and negotiates customer changes--to such
- Performs--proposal--preparation, contract negotiation, contract
administration, and--customer contact activities to provide for
proper contract--acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with
company policies, legal--requirements, and--customer
- Prepares proposals, bids,--processes specifications,--progress,
and other reports.
- Examines commercial terms of--solicitations, requirements, and
delivery schedules to provide written--reviews to management
identifying and mitigating risks to ensure accuracy--and
- Prepares proposals and--customer correspondence.--
- Advises pursuit team, program team and management of
contractual rights and obligations of the pursuits and programs for
which you are responsible.
- Proactively identifies pursuit, program and company risks and
provides recommended mitigations.
- Effective communicator--within program multi-functional teams,
contracts professionals, internal--management and all levels of
- Compiles and analyzes data and maintains historical
- Experience with, and--understanding of, letters of credit, bid
and performance bonds, foreign exchange risks and mitigation
- Ability to manage multiple--tasks and priorities and fulfill
obligations and commitment
- Ability to obtain and maintain government security
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area
and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial
importance to the organization with minimal oversight or
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain
and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements
operational plans that have measurable impact on business or
- Bachelor's Degree with--minimum 9 years directly
related--contracts experience or--Master's Degree with--minimum 7
years directly--related contracts--experience.Preferred Additional
- Experience with the FAA's Acquisition Management System
- Experience with Federal--Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
/--Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation--(DFAR) and commercial
and international contracting terms and conditions.
- Experience with long term,--complex programs and
- Position--will require interaction with internal and external
customers, including USG, and--government.--Interpersonal skills,
professionalism and the ability to communicate--effectively are
- Ability to work with minimal--guidance and supervision.
- Experience with US and--Foreign Government acquisitions and
Foreign Military Sales.
- Experience with US and--Foreign commercial acquisitions.
- Experience with a variety of--contractual relationships and
vehicles, including marketing and consulting--agreements, JVs and
- Experience negotiating--complex contract terms
- Experience with competitive--proposals and procurements.
- Experience--in--International Contracting, International
Agreements, FCPA, and--cultural business etiquette in dealing with
- Excellent knowledge with MS--Office Suite.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain
a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to
U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional
offer of employment may be subject to government security
investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access
to classified information. By submitting your r--sum-- for this
position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may
share your r--sum--, as well as any other related personal
information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and
affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other
available positions. L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is
committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment
with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free
from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions),
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group
protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a
drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse
testing and background checks, where permitted by law. Enter Your
Email Address So We Can Track Your Referral Sign up for job alerts
and be the first to know about our job openings.
Keywords: Harris Geospatial Solutions, Germantown , Contracts Lead, Other , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!