Field Application Specialist, QIAGEN Foundation, East
Posted on: May 16, 2020
At the heart of QIAGEN s business is a vision to make improvements
in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science
and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started
out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full
power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees more than 5000 in over 35
locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have
outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we
are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science
and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new
challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and
international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on
people s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
This position will be dedicated to supporting QIAGEN s core
instruments and chemistries in the field, which will include
instrument installations and customer training, on-site
troubleshooting, demos, and other pre- and post-sale technical
support in the assigned territory.
* Bachelor s degree in biological sciences or equivalent. PhD or
Master s degree in molecular biology or a related field highly
* Extensive practical/lab experience, and/or 3-5 years in technical
sales or field-based customer support functions.
* Comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of molecular
biology, including DNA/RNA purification, PCR, cloning, and
* Excellent communication skills and commitment to customer
* Technical training experience highly desirable.
* Robotic programming experience highly desirable.
* Experience with CRM software (particularly Salesforce.com) highly
* Deep knowledge of wet lab molecular biology and genomics
workflows is a must. Some familiarity with NGS applications would
* A customer-facing personality, including the ability to build
positive relationships and engage in scientific discussions with
* A strong desire to work with customers to understand their
experimental needs and recommend QIAGEN solutions that accomplish
their scientific goals.
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve customers technical
problems by phone, email, webinar, and in-person.
* Organized and able to work independently as well as on a
* Ability to integrate both internal and field-based resources to
find creative solutions to customer requests.
* Ability to prioritize conflicting customer requests based on
urgency and business value.
* Some project management experience is highly desirable.
* Fluent in English, both oral and written. Additional language
skills are welcome.
* Ability to travel overnight (mostly domestic) an average of
70-80%. 3-4 days weekly.
* Candidate must live close to a major airport and be willing to
cover the Northeast region (NY, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, and
* Candidate will ideally be based in New York or Boston, MA.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act
with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation
and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make
an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and
engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing
individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial
decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the
future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex
stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a
person s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression,
or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry,
medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any
other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: QIAGEN, Germantown , Field Application Specialist, QIAGEN Foundation, East, Other , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!