GROUNDS WORKER / LANDSCAPER - GERMANTOWN, MD (DA)
Posted on: May 16, 2020
** This position is set aside for a person with a disability.
Proof of disability is required prior to interview.
** The core working hours are 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, M-F
** The hourly wage is $15.56
** This position is located at the Department of Energy in
1. Trims and edges around walks, flower beds and walls, using
clippers and edging tools.
2. Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth, using
3. Rakes leaves and cleans or sweeps up litter using spiked stick
4. Shovels snow from walks and driveways.
5. Spreads salt on public passage ways.
6. Plants grass, flowers, trees and shrubs.
7. Waters lawn and shrubs during dry periods using hose or by
activating fixed or portable sprinkler system.
8. Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts, using shovel and
9. May operate walking type power mowers, snow blowers, or roto
10. May operate chain saws, hedge trimmers and other hand held
power operated tools to prune, cultivate, shovel, trim, cut and
11. Performs a variety of laboring duties when yard work is
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
The incumbent must be able to stand/walk 70% and sit 30% of the
work time. These requirements are necessary to operate power
equipment and mowers, plant vegetation, rake, shovel, etc. He/she
must be able to lift/carry/push/pull 100 pounds, climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and handle, in order to load
and unload materials and equipment; must be able to communicate
with other workers/supervisors; must possess good vision and be
able to differentiate colors, as driving and operating power
equipment may be required. Mainly work outside. Working conditions
are subject to extreme temperature/weather conditions, dust, dirt,
fumes, or flying objects (grass).
At least one year of experience in landscape maintenance work
including experience in mowing with push mower and weeding. Should
be able to provide own transportation to work site. Must be able to
work independently. Melwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a
Drug-Free workplace. Pre-employment background checks, including
E-Verify, are required for all employment positions. Melwood has an
Affirmative Action Plan in place.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Melwood, Germantown , GROUNDS WORKER / LANDSCAPER - GERMANTOWN, MD (DA), Other , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!