Software Engineer / Developer Technical Specialist
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Description Leidos has an opportunity for a senior level
Software Engineer / Developer Technical Specialist to support the
EAMS Program. The ideal candidate will be joining a small team and
will share the knowledge, workload and the future for a mission
critical application. Must be able to work on-site in Herndon, VA.
Some telework will be considered at the discretion of the prime
contractor. Work hours are flexible.The candidate will work within
a cross-functional Scrum team, and will be responsible for
developing software, participating in acceptance criteria
development, creating scripts and utilizing Open Source and COTS
tools to automate testing, documenting instructions, and
participating in integration activities.Primary
- Performs software engineering and development activities
associated with supporting, maintaining, and enhancing software
using an Agile DevSecOps model
- Develops and integrates bug fixes and new feature enhancements
using DIA standard development tools and processes (e.g., Java,
Jira, Git, Junit).
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications
software and systems that contain logical and mathematical
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with
equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning,
design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing
systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to
resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data
acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares
operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and
assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine
feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and
others to design system and to obtain information on project
limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using
scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure
outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors
equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met. Basic
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering
(or in a related field of study). Additional experience may be
considered in lieu of degree.
- 10 or more years of related experience
- Experience with agile software methodology, and software
engineering design best practices.
- Programming language experience including - but not limited to
React ecosystem libraries)
- Experience with AWS technologies: Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL,
EC2, S3, DynamoDB, DocumentDB
- Experience using modern techniques such as REST, JSON, Spring,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environmentSecurity
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US
Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and
willingness to get a poly.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience using Git, Jenkins, Jira, ConfluencePay Range:Pay
Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00The Leidos pay range
for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee
of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in
extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Germantown , Software Engineer / Developer Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...