Scientist, Software Engineer / DevOps TS/SCI up to $40K sign-on
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: Scientist, Software Engineer / DevOps up to $40K
Job Code: SAS8
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
L3Harris Technologies is looking for a self-starting, team-oriented
Mid-to-Senior DevOps Software Engineer to join our dynamic
development team in supporting a Government customer. The engineer
will be working with a large-scale enterprise application using web
technologies, distributed computation and storage frameworks, and
sophisticated, cutting-edge domain analytics, with the system
hosted on virtualized and cloud-computing platforms. The software
engineer work both independently with little supervision as well as
engage with a team to achieve overall project objectives.
The DevOps Software Engineer participates in a team in implementing
DevSecOps methodologies into an Agile software development
- Collaborating and leading with other engineers to plan, design
and develop the DevSecOps environment that includes cohesive CI/CD
- Supporting the entire Software Development Lifecycle with an
emphasis on build and release management via automation.
- Analyzing continuously the DevOps environment for technical and
process improvements (e.g. integration of security measures, faster
security and software updates, improved automation, reduced
glitches and software failures, etc.).
- Maintaining the deployed system, deploying updates and fixes,
investigating and resolving technical and network issues, providing
technical support to end-users as needed.
- Promoting DevOps as a team culture. Qualifications:
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI security clearance and consent to
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Software Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline
and minimum 12 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree
and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- 8 years' experience integrating, testing, and deploying
software applications to operations.
- 8+ years' experience with agile teamwork, and diverse
multi-site geographical team collaboration.
- 8+ years' experience with RHEL and/or CentOS system and/or
- 8+ years' experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web
Services (AWS) or GovCloud.
- 8+ years' experience with configuration management tools such
as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- 8+ years' experience with standard automated deployment type
tools (Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.). Preferred
- 4+ years' experience working on a program following SAFe
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Germantown , Scientist, Software Engineer / DevOps TS/SCI up to $40K sign-on, IT / Software / Systems , Boyds, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!