Engineer II Software/Networking Domain
Company: VT iDirect
Posted on: January 26, 2023
As a global leader in IP-based satellite communications, we are the
change agent, shaping the future of how the world connects. Our
team is helping the world's leading satellite operators and service
providers capture the future through major innovation. The most
fulfilling work of your career is waiting for you at ST Engineering
iDirect---imagine your talent and energy paired with our vision and
technical leadership: the sky is truly the limit!
ST Engineering iDirect continues to fuel its engineering growth and
seeks an innovative, creative software engineer who is ready for
the challenges, responsibilities, and rewards that come with
working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. ST Engineering
iDirect is dedicated to providing next generation solutions for
broadband IP networking via satellite networks. As the leading
innovators in this new space, our diverse and talented team of
Internet, satellite and telecommunications professionals continues
to break new ground and create significant opportunities for
network operators, for service providers and resellers, and for
corporate networking professionals.
A Software Engineer at ST Engineering iDirect works within the
engineering department in a SCRUM team using Agile framework. The
candidate will be responsible for participating in the
specification, design, development, test and support features for a
satellite communications system from concept through completion.
He/she will be a highly motivated self-starter with strong written
and oral communication skills and works well in a team environment.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the smartest
team, and the very latest technology, then this is the job for
- Analyze requirements and RFCs and come up with efficient
- Participate in determining the future direction of the
satellite system and related products in the areas of software
architecture, infrastructure performance, test and
- In an Agile framework, document, design, develop, test, and
integrate software functionality for various components within a
satellite system and related environments.
- Take a collaborative design and validation approach in working
with a multi-functional SCRUM team of software, firmware, embedded,
application, and test engineers.
- Troubleshoot and provide resolutions for technical issues
encountered in the deployment of software solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics,
or equivalent experience.
3+ -years of industry experience in programming and software
- Hands-on experience developing, designing and testing
multi-threaded and multi-process applications on Linux, with strong
working knowledge of C++.
- Detailed knowledge of object-oriented design and
- Knowledge of Python is highly desirable.
- Expertise in networking protocol stacks and overlay
technologies (TCP/IP protocol suite including Ethernet, IP, TCP,
UDP, ICMP, IGMP, VLAN, IPsec, and Multicast).
- Strong knowledge of IP Networking, L2/L3 switching/routing, and
- Proven experience with solving real-time embedded issues,
including threading, optimization, memory management, interrupt
handling, etc. in multi-core/multi-CPU environments.
- Linux kernel and device drivers (networking, PCI,
- Preferred experience with Virtualization networking
technologies like OVS, NSX.
- Understanding of 3GPP standards, 5G architecture
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS/Azure) desired.
- Strong technical leadership and mentoring of junior members of
- Strong problem-solving and communications skills.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with technical leadership
potential and proven success in a structured development
- Possess the ability to proactively drive technical solutions in
a collaborative environment.
- Good software design skills using proven and best practice
design methodologies & related principles; Strong command of
Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming
- Demonstrated experience in developing quality and maintainable
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Software design skills with analytical problem-solving
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced development
- Working knowledge of UML is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and
best practices for the full software development life cycle,
including coding standards, code reviews, source control
management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience/ knowledge in satellite/ terrestrial communications
systems is desired.
- Working experience with tools such as GDB and
- Experience with version control system (such as git) strongly
- Experience with Jira and Jenkins desired.
- Experience developing unit tests, integration test and
functional testing, including the development of related test
automation integrated in a CI/CD pipeline desired.
- Scripting using shell scripting or Python desired.
Keywords: VT iDirect, Germantown , Engineer II Software/Networking Domain, IT / Software / Systems , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!