HYBRID Quality Assurance Software Tester (ADS Engineer) 2022-2293
Company: Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Edgewater Federal Solutions is currently seeking a driven and
passionate Quality Assurance Software Tester to join our team and
provide support to the EHSS IT Support contract located in
Germantown, MD. As a Quality Assurance Software Tester at our
company, you will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting
projects and develop your career. You will work closely with fellow
team members to provide quality assurance in all our development
projects.This HYBRID position is seeking a talented, professional
Quality Assurance Software Tester to join a proficient application
development team supporting the Department of Energy, in
Germantown, Maryland.Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Develop and execute concise, robust, and comprehensive test
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and
- Perform formal, informal, and ad-hoc testing of
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Monitor, track, and report on requirements testing status.
- Analyze use cases/requirements for validity and
- Collaborate closely with other team members and
- Provide subject matter expertise on functionality of
applications we develop and maintain.
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
- Provide timely solutions.
- Apply quality engineering principals throughout the software
development product lifecycle.
- Assist with development of documentation.
- Attend all project meetings.
- Familiarity with the Azure DevOps set of tools and in
particular, ADO test cases and test suites. Qualifications:
--- U.S. Citizenship.
--- 3-5 years of experience as a Software Tester or similar
--- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability
to assess relevant facts, identify alternative approaches, and
--- Ability to develop relevant test cases alone and in conjunction
with the development team.
--- Ability to assist in building a library of a reusable test
--- Ability to analyze and clearly document software and user
--- Ability to establish priorities and demonstrate discipline and
--- Ability to bridge multiple areas of the software development
lifecycle, as needed.
--- Superior knowledge of systems development life cycle
methodologies, IT structured analysis methodologies, and project
--- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
--- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal
--- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact
on the company's success.
--- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
--- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
--- Good time-management skills.
--- Excellent English-language oral and written communication
skills and interpersonal skills.
--- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Preferences:
- BS in computer science or related degree.
- Active Top Secret or Q Clearance.
- Experience with REST and Soap UI for API testing.
- Experience in accessibility standards for modern software
usability including tools like SortSite, Wave, Axe, ANDI, etc. used
to scan and remediate these issues. Federal 508c standards.
- Experience assisting in the creation and maintenance of
technical documentation like User Guides, Release Notes, etc.
- Experience in vulnerability testing or tools used to identify
and remediation software vulnerabilities (Netsparker/Invicti, OWASP
- Understanding of software development structure and database
- Basic familiarity in black-box and white-box testing
- Familiarity with AWS Test practices. About Us: Federal
Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located
near Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision
of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer
missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services, and
timely delivery. Edgewater is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 27001 certified,
appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services,
and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington
Area Small Companies for 2018 through 2022.It has been and
continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to
provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by
applicable law.Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, as a condition of
employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated. An
employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving
the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one week after
receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. All newly hired employees
will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Keywords: Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc., Germantown , HYBRID Quality Assurance Software Tester (ADS Engineer) 2022-2293, IT / Software / Systems , Germantown, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!