Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer and Tester
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer and TesterJob
Category: EngineeringTime Type: Full timeMinimum Clearance Required
to Start: Public TrustEmployee Type: RegularPercentage of Travel
Required: Up to 10%Type of Travel: LocalCACI is currently looking
for a motivated, career and customer-oriented Sr. Software Quality
Assurance Engineer and Tester with Agile methodology experience to
join our Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Land Border
Integration (LBI) Integrated Traveler Initiative II (ITI2) team in
Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading
individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software
Development and hardware integration for the Department of Homeland
Security (DHS).As a member of the ITI2 Team, you will support the
men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and
enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity. CBP
Officers and Border Patrol agents are on the front lines, every
day, protecting our national security by combining customs,
immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one
coordinated and supportive activity.CACI agile programs thrive in a
culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who
can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical
and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be
adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and
geographically separated team is crucial.What you'll get to
do:Serve as a Sr. Software Quality Assurance and Test Engineer who
will be responsible for activities associated with delivery of
customer-defined systems and software projects. The ideal candidate
must have a strong background and experience in web application
front-end and back-end scripting and automation, development skills
with multiple programming languages, IDE, and familiar or
experience with framework setup and maintenance.
- Supporting, developing, establishing, and maintaining quality
methodologies, systems, and practices to facilitate software
product development, and related functional testing to meet ITI2
- Developing Test procedures - Creating test procedures for
current set of backlog items: system, functional, regression,
performance, load, installation, security, interoperability,
stress, boundary; defining tests for backlog items; estimating
tasks needed for creating manual tests; and assessing candidates to
automate for regression tests
- Developing and implementing quality assurance methodologies to
ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and
procedures in a large computer-based organization.
- Developing and executing software test plans, test cases, and
test scripts for Integration, Migration, Regression, and/or
Performance testing, and IA and disaster recovery, to identify
system and software problems and their causes, recording defect
backlog items, reporting the results of testing, and resolving
- Establishing and maintaining a process for evaluating hardware,
software, and associated documentation and assisting in their
- Performing iteration and performance testing touch points.
- Mapping tasks and tests to backlog items (requirements
- Supporting independent User Acceptance Testing
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and
collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product
and team success.
- Participating in Agile Scrum sprint planning, artifact
creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and
retrospectives and solution releases.
- Collaborating with developers, professional services team, and
product managers to define the testing components that will be used
to validate requirements against developed software.
- Working with Product Owners to understand product specifics and
to create corresponding test strategies.
- Assisting with design of test scenarios and test plans to
ensure that tests can be implemented and executed against.
- Assisting with creating project resource estimates, metrics to
track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention,
development efficiency and quality
- Contributing to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork
within the organization's agile project lifecycle.
- Building and executing testing on both web front end and
back-end systems. Ability to test at an API level such as via web
services, JMS Queue, or other back-end services.
- Running test validations at various levels including DB
validation, logging validation, and UI validation.You'll Bring
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background
investigation, criteria includes, but not limited to:
- 3-year check for felony convictions
- 1-year check for illegal drug use
- 1-year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S. or greater) in Computer Science, Software
Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related
discipline. Experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ten (10+) years related IT experience, with 2-3 or more years
analyzing, designing and implementing integration solutions using
.NET technologies or related technologies.
- Experience testing solutions developed in C#/.NET
- Ability to write test documentation - Test Plans; Test
Procedures; Change Requests; System Requirements Documents; Problem
Reports, Discrepancy Reports
- Experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System
Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
- Familiarity with Information Security best practices
- Ability to apply test estimation techniques to software
- Familiar working with a variety of testing tools such as
Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, as well as automation frameworks like
Robot Framework, Specflow, Jbehave, Geb, Spock, Junit4, TestNG,
- Familiar working with an open source or commercial version
control systems like GIT, Mercurial, CVS, SVN, Clear Case
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) skills preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing
- Must be a team player and work in a collaborative team
- Ability and experience to interact with the product Owner,
Business Analysts, Scrum Masters and provide guidance on automation
tools and testing methods to meet project specific needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid experience in incremental software development projects
using an Agile Scrum approach
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong
communication skills and work ethic; self-starterThese
Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have:
- Graduate degree
- Automated testing experience.
- 5+ years' experience with multiple programming technologies
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to
balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our
solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique,
character-based culture have been the driving force behind our
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an
immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in
support of national security missions and government transformation
for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is
an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.As a federal contractor,
CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer
vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report
their vaccination status.
Keywords: CACI, Germantown , Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer and Tester, IT / Software / Systems , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!