Systems Administrator - SCCM
Company: ePlus inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Description:Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we
engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary
companies in the world. This takes imagination, relentless client
service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their
visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology
manufacturers-many of which look to us for their own technology
infrastructure needs-keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of
the IT ecosystem.As a Systems Administrator - SCCM, you will be
primarily responsible for the enterprise patch management and
administration of endpoint related technologies including
maintenance, configuration and reliable operations. Reporting to
the Desktop Engineering team, you will provide an escalation point
for Service Desk support efforts during related major incidents,
test new deployments, and work closely with engineers to design
endpoints that meet growing information security and compliance
demands.From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our
engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it
means for technology to do more.Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable
operation of business-critical applications and systems, primarily
focused on Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM),
Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM), SentinelOne, and mobile
device management tools.
- Monitor overall server and endpoint patch management cycles and
ensure timely recovery with minimal interruption of essential
- Lead restoration efforts during major incidents and unplanned
- Manage user permissions and administration for application and
- Lead Service Desk incident response efforts, making sure
application, workstation, and related equipment problems are
resolved in a timely manner.
- Participate in engineering projects including rollouts,
migrations and changes, as well as designing and building solutions
to improve current solutions and workflows.Job Knowledge/Skills:
- Technical acumen that has demonstrated continuous improvement
in technical breadth and depth.
- Proficient in server and workstation technologies.
- Technical knowledge of SCCM, scripting tools, Active Directory,
O365, Group Policies, Citrix and Microsoft Exchange, Office 365,
Anti-X tools and other technologies.
- Experience in Service Desk ticketing applications, preferably
ServiceNow or related solution, e.g., Remedy.
- Ability to solve complex, time-sensitive problems under high
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience participating in engineering projects, deployments,
migrations, and changes.
- Can work independently and collaboratively within a team.Your
Corporate Responsibilities:Internal Control responsibilities vary
by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual
internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on
a regular basis
- Handle confidential matters and information professionally
- Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical
- Adhere to corporate policies and proceduresEducation and
- Experience supporting end users within a Service Desk or as a
team member in an escalating support group.
- College degree or relevant experience.
- 2 to 5 years of Systems Administration experience.
- Industry certifications preferred.
- ITIL Foundations Certification desirable.Physical Requirements
of Position:Ability of finger dexterity to be used primarily to
make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects or
pinching fingers together. Movements frequently and regularly
required using the wrists, hands and / or fingers. Speech ability
must be at a level where one must convey detailed or important
instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing
ability must be at a level to hear average or normal conversations
and receive ordinary information. Visual ability must be average
with ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect
documents or products, or operate machinery. Physical strength for
sedentary work with sitting most of the time. May have to exert or
lift up to 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally and active work
that could include climbing a ladder and using power tools.ePlus is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age,
national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any
other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
ePlus promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled
persons, and veterans.I understand that the job description is for
informational purposes only and is neither an express nor an
implied contract of employment.
- 2 - 5 years: Working administrative knowledge of SCCM, MECM,
SentinelOne, Addigy, IIS, Group Policy, or equivalent
- 2 - 5 years: Microsoft technology experience on a Service Desk,
Support Group, and/or Administrator role.SkillsRequired
- Able to work effectively independently
- Proficient in MS Office suite of productsBehaviorsRequired
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done wellEqual Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: ePlus inc., Germantown , Systems Administrator - SCCM, IT / Software / Systems , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!