Senior Software Engineer - python
Company: Fannie Mae Corp
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Job Description THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE In this role you will
have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working
alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Work within Agile framework to own task and working
independently to completion by participating in daily scrum.
- Contribute towards problem solving, designing solutions and
testing SaaS applications.
- Collaborate with tech and business team members for diagnosing
and troubleshooting production issues.
- Identify operational efficiencies for improvement.
- Support business applications and toolsets.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to
determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised
applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development
efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications,
implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure
that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the
user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture
patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production
in order to make quick repair to keep application in
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively
participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team
ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end
development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect,
deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2
languages (Python, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and
analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design
engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of
non-functional software qualities such as resiliency,
maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced
behavior-driven testing techniques.
Keywords: Fannie Mae Corp, Germantown , Senior Software Engineer - python, IT / Software / Systems , Herndon, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!