Windows Systems Administrator
Posted on: April 10, 2021
At Zantech, we apply state-of-the-art technology to solve our
Federal Clients' most mission-critical challenges. We embrace the
opportunity to hire individuals with new talents and fresh
perspectives. Zantech offers a competitive compensation, benefits
and vacation package as well as providing you with a fast paced and
exciting work environment. Come join our team! Zantech is looking
for a Windows Systems Administrator to support our Federal Client's
mission critical infrastructure. The System Administrator works on
the Operations Team to primarily provide daily system support and
troubleshooting for the Windows systems. Must have a thorough
technical knowledge of the Windows operating system and must be
capable of executing independent and team tasks as assigned. Should
be willing to interact with other people at all levels throughout
the organization and must be a team player with an outstanding
ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
across a variety of systems and platforms. May be part of the "24 x
7 On Call" rotation with flex-time so off-hours and/or shift work
may be required for this position in the future, in which
troubleshooting and support activities may be needed.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Day-to-day operations and administration of systems supported
by the Operations team
- Technical support for the system including responding to Help
Desk tickets and working with customers to resolve issues.
- BMC True Sight Server Automation operations work to include
server update scheduling, results analysis, troubleshooting, and
- Performing system upgrades and maintenance tasks, including
installation and configuration of Windows operating systems,
administration of user accounts, and maintenance of system security
- Perform daily systems review (logs, backups, etc.) with system
performance tuning, data recovery, etc.
- Installing and upgrading system software and supporting
operating system configuration in support of application and
- Creating, maintaining, and restoring system backups.
- Providing technical input for policies and procedures while
maintaining accurate documentation on those
- Adhering to Change/Configuration Management procedures and
- Properly estimating work efforts and technical challenges
- Research, investigate, and diagnose problems, providing
resolution or recommending viable solutions for hardware and
software issues, appropriately escalating and reporting
recommendations clearly and effectively to management and
- Research and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Apply DISA STIG settings.
- Accurately enter host tracking and service approval information
in internal DB
- Assist Project Manager in gathering system metrics for
reporting purposes Required Security Clearance: This position is
open to US citizens only and requires applicants to successfully
obtain a NACI prior to start date per contract requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience supporting Windows Server.
- Ability to participate on 24x7 on-call rotation with flex-time,
accepting calls during the night to support the Windows
- Experience with server security hardening and security
implementation strategies in support of DoD requirements (STIG,
NIST SP 800, FISMA, et al)
- DoD 8570 security certification: IAT II or III (Security+,
CCNA, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CASP, CCNP, CISA, CISSP, GCED, or
GCIH certificate.) Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well in a team environment, promote customer
service, and handle complex technical issues
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly, accurately, and concisely communicate
technical information in both oral and written formats
- 1+ years experience with Server Automation Tools, preferably
BMC's True Sight Server Automation Suite
- Experience with System Monitoring Tools
- Familiarity with the ITILv3 Framework
- Experience with blade servers and/or server virtualization
- Desirable: SQL Server knowledge
- Desirable: Experience with BMC Remedy Action Request System and
any of its associated applications, such as Service Request, Change
Management, Asset Management, Incident Management, etc.
- Desirable: Familiarity with OSC systems and operations Our
corporate motto represents our commitment to build long-term
relationships with both our clients and our employees by providing
the highest quality service in everything we do. We strive for
excellence for our clients and for each other. Zantech provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Zantech, Germantown , Windows Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Kearneysville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!