Senior Software Engineer
Company: Latitude Inc.
Location: Charles Town
Posted on: April 10, 2021
- Communicates with the appropriate Business Analyst and
coordinates with customers during the analysis, definition and
- Determines the economic and operational feasibility of using
computerized methods to satisfy information needs and presents
proposals for new systems or the enhancement, improvement and/or
replacement of existing systems.
- Maintains awareness of state-of-the-art development tools,
programming techniques, problem solving techniques and computing
- Participates in certain aspects of end user consulting, systems
analysis, general systems design, vendor contracts and detail
- Learns user functions, organization and role in the enterprise
to the extent required.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing
policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to
be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work
coverage and administrative notification during periods of
personnel illness, vacation or education.
- Performs at or above the enterprise's Information Technology
- Consults with supervisor, business analysts, other engineers,
and end users to gather information about program intent,
functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output
requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware
and operating system environment, and interfaces with other
- Designs or writes program design specifications based on
consultations with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers,
and end users.
- Converts designs and specifications into high quality, reliable
and resilient computer code with appropriate comments inserted so
other developers can easily understand why a change was made.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and
confirm program meets specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises
- Provides System Documentation and Unit Testing Results.
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to computer code,
programs, and specifications.
- Designs and codes layouts for onscreen user interfaces, printed
outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Demonstrates pre-production version of the program to users for
- Reviews user and technical documentation and code written by
others to confirm consistency with program operations.
- Leads and coordinates software engineering efforts of other
team members within project team to ensure accurate implementation
of functional requirements and adherence to system standards.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries
regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs. Monitors
and supports test, performance test, deployment, and production
- Revises program for corrections, enhancements, or system
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support
- Coordinates with other programmers about program
- Modifies and maintains software programs written by
- Other duties as assigned. Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS or BA degree with a computer science, engineering, business
or mechanical engineering major or related field or equivalent
- Masters degree in computer science, engineering or related
field for senior and specialist level desired.
- A minimum of 5 to 6 years in a professional development
environment having participated in all facets of the application
development life cycle.
- Experienced developing stored procedures and relational
- Demonstrated success leading other software engineers is
- 3+ years designing and implementing solutions in a production
environment using C#, VB.NET and Java.
- 3+ years utilizing SQL Server and MySQL database servers.
- 5 years of object oriented development experience using C#,
VB.Net and Java.
- IIS, J2EE, UNIX, Linux Redhat experience is also required.
Keywords: Latitude Inc., Germantown , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Charles Town, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!