Information Systems Security Officer
Company: Stage 2 Security
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Stage 2 Security (S2) is currently seeking a Sr. Information
Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in the Northern Virginia area.
We are looking for an ISSO who is a cyber security leader and who
understands both the administrative and technical challenges of
managing cyber security for a single system or multiple systems, on
premise and in the cloud, throughout the system's lifecycle. This
position requires an engaged ISSO who stays current the latest best
practices, threats and cyber-related laws and policies. If you are
a cyber security practitioner with excellent communication skills,
and leadership mindset, S2 is a great place to build experience and
immerse yourself in the industry. As a wholly focused cyber
security company, we encourage career-building learning, open
dialog, innovative idea sharing. Join a team to play a big part in
promoting cyber security for interesting clients.
- Performs the steps involved in the successful execution of the
Risk Management Framework (RMF) including generation of
documentation, controls compliance testing, and continuous
monitoring activities for assigned systems.
- Works with IT or other stakeholders to assist in performing an
initial system assessment to ensure required security controls are
implemented and operating correctly before a system is authorized
- Ensures IT staff and users follow established information
security policies and procedures to protect, operate, maintain, and
dispose of systems and data in accordance with security policies
and practices as outlined in the assessment and authorization
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and
applications during all phases of the system development life
- Confirms IT staff continuously apply system patches, service
packs, and anti-virus updates to all systems, and complies with
change management processes to address vulnerabilities in a timely
- Monitors user accounts and roles to ensure they are created,
modified, disabled, or removed in accordance with the
organization's policies and procedures.
- Clearly communicates and in simple terms what your assigned
system(s) require with regards to security related policies,
procedures, documentation, and remediation actions.
- Understand the process of creating and coordinating Plans of
Action and Milestones (POAMs), waivers and related subject matter,
such as compensating controls, impact to the system, likelihood and
- Reviews and manages POA&Ms, waivers, and associated actions
to ensure target dates are met and waivers are renewed.
- Ensures assigned information system(s) are operating according
to security policy and guidance.
- Develops and implements information assurance/security
standards and procedures.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and
implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems
which may include servers, cloud, network systems, or
- US citizenship required
- Has held CBP Public Trust or can receive an CBP BI
- Ability and willingness to commute to Ashburn, VA on a regular
- 5+ years of experience in an ISSO role
- Familiarity with various NIST publications like FIPS 199, SP
800-37, SP 800-53, SP 800-63
- Understanding of audit requirements for a variety of operating
systems, applications, and/or databases
- Ability to review audit logs and scan results for
vulnerabilities and risks
- Working knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows, macOS,
Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities for analyzing
security events (e.g. Windows event logs, network traffic, IDS
events) and looking for malicious intent.
- Ability to clearly write, evaluate, and discuss security plans
and artifacts with various stakeholders such as technical
engineers, developers, or executive leadership.
- College Degree Preferred
S2 is a small business where people come first, and we know and
care about each and every employee. This drives us to provide the
best possible benefits and we believe that the benefits we offer
are a notch above the rest.
The Benefits at S2 include:
- Medical & dental insurance premiums are 100% paid by S2 for the
employee and eligible dependents
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for mobile phone expenses
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home Internet access
- Expenses paid for approved work-related trainings &
- Eligibility to participate in our 401k program after 90 days of
- Competitive salary, which is paid semi-weekly (twice per
- Participation in S2 Unlimited PTO Program
- 10 paid government holidays annually
Stage 2 Security welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace
regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
If you are looking to make an impact, Stage 2 Security is the place
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Stage 2 Security, Germantown , Information Systems Security Officer, IT / Software / Systems , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!