Business process Analyst/Release Train Engineer - Agile Systems Engineer
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Business process Analyst/Release Train Engineer - Agile Systems
Engineer Job #: R-00048408
Location: Ashburn, VA
Category: Systems Engineering
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the time
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance: Public Trust
Referral Eligibility : Eligible
Group: Intelligence Description Job Description:A Business process
Analyst/Release Train engineer will provide critical support on a
CBP Portfolio whose purpose is to develop, modernize, enhance,
migrate to the cloud, and operate & maintain applications within
the portfolio. The Business Process Analyst requires a strong mix
of customer service skills and a detailed understanding of the
domain(s) supported by their assigned application(s) to define user
stories, incorporate features into the portfolio backlog, and
develop the portfolio roadmap, build release train for the division
in collaboration with the portfolio resources. The Business Process
Analyst must be able to effectively translate general business
needs/ConOps defined by CBP product owners and stakeholders into
user stories that are well understood by developers on the agile
product teams.Primary responsibilities:
- Work with clients and end users to gather, understand, and
define business requirements
- Develop user stories and to-be process flows to support the
design and development of Salesforce solutions for our clients
- Work collaboratively with team members to design a solution
that will meet a client's business requirements and fulfill user
- Collaborate with developers to test and verify that solutions
will meet the business requirements
- Participate in key meetings with clients including requirement
sessions, system demos, user acceptance testing, and end user
- Work with other system engineers in their portfolio to support
development of user stories from which agile product teams can
derive story points and perform effective sprint planning.
Participate in sprint planning meetings and ongoing refinement of
the product backlog.
- Leverage knowledge of assigned applications and customer needs
to collaborate with the portfolio architect to establish the
portfolio backlog and roadmap.
- Act as the voice of the customer when the product owner is
unavailable to facilitate understanding of the user stories by the
agile product teams.
- Coordinate with communication and training team members to
ensure communication and training materials reflect the business
needs being addressed by a change.
- Actively participate in Sprint Demos and provide feedback as
requested by the Product Owner.
- Work with agile product teams to support development of user
testing materials and facilitate conduct of user testing if
- Work with agile product teams to support the releases, building
CR, making sure all necessary approval are request in time and
approval are in place prior to the release and present the release
to eCCB. Ensuring/Support the completion of Application
documentation related to the release and application/system.
- Making sure JIRA is update on regular basis.Basic
- Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques,
Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle
and Data Management.
- Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business
Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge
and Technical Solution Design.
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM Products to develop
client or business solutions
- Proven ability leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills
in a fast paced environment
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly ramp up
on new clients, their business needs, and technologies
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a
collaborative team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to
get the job done
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and
functional skill sets
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and
- At least 7 years of systems engineering experience supporting
development of user stories and system requirements within a SCRUM
based development environment.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience working
collaboratively with government stakeholders to accurately capture
ConOps and business needs and translate into a portfolio backlog
and roadmap with other system engineers and system architects.
- Proven ability to act as an effective interface between
customer stakeholders/product owners and agile product teams
ensuring stakeholder/product owner needs are accurately implemented
by the agile product teams.
- In-depth understanding of the sprint planning process and
proven experience with product backlog refinement.
- Experience facilitating sprint demonstrations with product
owners and/or other stakeholders.
- Experience developing user test plans and conducting successful
user acceptance test activities.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or
Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess
a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability
- US CitizenPreferred Qualifications
- Experience soliciting, gathering, and analyzing user input and
- Experience documenting user stories and creating to-be process
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders
- Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this
delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile
Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Developer certifications
- Certified SCRUM Product Owner certification and prior
experience as a product owner
- Experience with enterprise level implementation of financial
management revenue and asset management.
- Experience working in a scaled agile environment
- Experience developing training materials
- SCRUM Master certification
- CBP experience is a plus
- Active CBPCBPOITExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for
Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 10% of
the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition
Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems EngineeringPay Range: About
LeidosLeidos is a Fortune 500 -- --information technology,
engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to
solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence,
homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000
employees support vital missions for government and commercial
customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual
revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended
January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com . Pay
and BenefitsPay and benefits are fundamental to any career
decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect
the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment
benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness
programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More
details are available here .Securing Your DataLeidos will never ask
you to provide payment-related information at any part of the
employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with
you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email
address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that
asks for payment-related information or any other personal
information, please report the email to email@example.com
.Commitment to DiversityAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, race,
ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic
partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. Description Job
Description:The Portfolio Architect... Description Job
Description:Eligible for a 10K sign... Description Job
Description:The Homeland Security... Description Job Description:Do
you want to grow your... Join our Talent Community to create a
profile, enabling a streamlined application process and to help our
recruiters better understand your areas of expertise and interest.
Contact us about product information and pricing, customer
feedback, stockholder services, or just to voice a concern.
Keywords: Leidos, Germantown , Business process Analyst/Release Train Engineer - Agile Systems Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!