Enterprise Risk Management Lead
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Enterprise Risk Management Lead - About Verizon Learn more about
Verizon's response to COVID-19 Skip to main content
- Search Careers
- Ashburn, VA
- Full-Time Finance
- Enterprise Risk Management Lead Enterprise Risk Management
- Ashburn, VA, United States
- Full-Time Finance
- Job # 551271
- Date posted - 2020-11-10 Share this Job What you'll be doing...
You will be part of the Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance
Group, assisting with the administration of Verizon's Enterprise
Risk Management program, overseeing policies, processes, people and
systems, partnering with business leaders to identify and mitigate
financial, operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks.
Also, as the subject matter expert, you will take a key role in
developing and conducting risk assessments, documenting processes,
workflows, recommendations and field work. Your work will help us
improve our process and come up with ways to make your control
environment even stronger. Come help us keep our Finance team
running better every day.
- Conducting risk control self-assessments (RCSA), capturing
controls and mitigations to assess risk.
- Documenting processes/workflows to identify gaps and provide
process enhancement recommendations.
- Assisting with planning and implementation of
- Assisting with the development, documentation and
implementation risk management program in a manner that fulfills
the mission and strategic goals of the organization while complying
with regulatory guidance.
- Assisting with the implementation of the governance, risk and
compliance (GRC) tool and Integrated Risk Management
- Assessing the risk inherent in the business function under
review and making decisions concerning the scope of work to be
performed based on those risks.
- Using data mining results, statistical analysis and other
techniques to assess the effectiveness of system controls and
perform testing as needed to identify root-cause issues and
formulate improvement recommendations for senior management.
- Assisting with the development of Key Risk Indicators
- Providing the repair of controls that are not functioning as
intended; the enhancement of the control environment, to address
current and developing threats; and the overall improvement to
- Managing frequent, ad hoc requests from the business for
advice/assistance regarding controls and compliance.
- Leading compliance training programs for function, including
training of compliance personnel and/or function teams as needed to
- Preparing and delivering presentations communicating risks
mitigated, and the potential impacts of unmitigated.
- Supporting audit groups including Internal and External Audit
in planning and completing their audit engagements. What we're
looking for... You're a great communicator, winning the trust of
team members, internal customers, and external suppliers. No
stranger to a fast-paced environment and tight deadlines, you can
adapt to changing circumstances, juggle competing priorities, and
combine a sense of urgency with due care and attention to detail.
You get personal satisfaction from analyzing problems and
delivering solutions to improve business processes. You'll need to
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math, or
Information Systems or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in operational compliance, business controls or
- Experience with statistics, reporting and analytical tools.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- A professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Understanding of risk frameworks (COSO, NIST, ISO, COBIT
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment.
- Experience proactively identifyingrisks and
- Experience with Quality Assurance practices.
- Experience interpreting and implementing policies and processes
to ensure a strong control environment.
- Experience leveraging auditing principles and methods to
evaluate policies, processes and systems to identify business risks
and control gaps.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analytics and
- Understanding of compliance standards and frameworks including
Sarbanes Oxley, SOC 1 (SSAE 18), SOC 2/3 (Trust Services
Principles), ISO (27001, 27017).
- Demonstrated organizational, facilitation and negotiation
- Experience with report writing/database.
- Telecommunications experience. When you join Verizon You'll
have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming
how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only
do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our
customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in
connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities
stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the
ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you
think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the
best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and
opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go
far.Diversity and Inclusion at VerizonAt Verizon, we know that
diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative,
inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a
sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued,
connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute
their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn
more.Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal
opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences,
including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Different makes us better. Share this Job BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Learn moreLearn more about Finance jobs Your Careers AccountCreate
/ update your career account Related Careers Finance Jobs in
Ashburn, VA Enterprise Risk Management Lead - Ashburn, VA, United
States IT SOX Controls Lead - Ashburn, VA, United States Senior
Internal Auditor - Ashburn, VA, United States Sr Manager-Risk
Management - Ashburn, VA, United States Show all... Services &
- Home Services
- Mobile Plans
- Small and Medium Business
- Enterprise Solutions
- Verizon Connect
- Public Sector
- Partner Solutions Support
- Mobile Online Support
- Home Online Support
- Contact Customer Support
- Sign in to your Account
- Store Locator Network Technologies
- 4G LTE
- Fiber Optics
- Multi Edge Compute (MEC) Innovation
- 5G Labs
- 5G First Responder Lab
- Verizon Ventures
- 5G Future Forum
- "The Network" Thought Leadership Ad and Content Platforms
- Verizon Digital Media Services
- Verizon Media Advertising Solutions
- Verizon Media Platform Solutions
- In the know Follow Careers Follow Verizon News Follow Inside
Verizon Follow Customer Support
- --2020 Verizon
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information
- Terms & Conditions
- Open Internet
- Important Consumer Information
- About Our Ads
- Site Map
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Germantown , Enterprise Risk Management Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Ashburn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!