Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and
teamwork. We are currently seeking a Network Tester for our client
in the IT Services domain. We value our professionals, providing
comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity
for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking
for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Location: Ashburn, VA/Zip Code: 20147
Compensation: Market Rate
Role: Network Tester
Role Description: The Network Tester would need to have at least 5+
years of experience.
- The responsibility includes working as a domain expert QA SME to
drive delivery of diverse and complex strategic initiatives within
- This involves in-depth knowledge of the business process,
Network, and systems involved.
- Evaluating process inefficiencies and introducing newer ways to
improve pipeline efficiency.
- The responsibility includes building a strong business / end to
end flow ownership among the certification team.
- Collaborating with peer IT organizations in architecting the
solution, providing thought leadership & working through execution
- The position will provide direct guidance to a team and takes
complete accountability of independent delivery.
- Critical Analysis, design of complex business processes,
cutting-edge Network technology, analysis at O/S and/or DB, logs,
module/code impact analysis to functional level.
- Test metrics generation to reflect quality of certification and
quantify improvement factors.
- The position needs strong partnership with business counterpart
to evaluate business need and accordingly tune the certification
- This position needs to facilitate business operationalization and
adoption to achieve PxQ target.
- Partnering with business as process/network SME, enabling
- Require successful partnership with development teams,
architecture, and production support, performance testing team,
other System Test organizations, project PMs to collaborate and
communicate decisions/issues/risks to make the certification
process visible, effective and on-time.
- The position will require successful partnership with
architecture, development teams, peer Test organizations, project
PMs to collaborate and communicate decisions/issues/risks to enable
delivery of next generation architecture, product set and business
- The position will require ability to transform functional,
business and system knowledge into effective test case planning and
execution and production delivery and post production defect
analysis. - Managing, mentoring a team, planning execution &
driving delivery including agile delivery methodology.
- Strong analytical skill and ability to solve complex business
problems is required. The position needs strong analytical skill to
provide thought leadership to solve critical business problems.
- Possesses understanding & visibility into end to end product
offering and architecture.
- Had hands on experience in delivering new product, and migration
- Outstanding communication, analytical skills and ability to
function in a globally diverse work environment.
- Strong background in various Provisioning, Network & switching
Technologies (Layer 1/ 2 /3 / network).
- Experience in Programming languages like Java, .Net,
- Hands on experience in UNIX OS, UNIX Shell scripts.
- Hands on experience in SQL, PL/SQL scripting, RDBMS framework,
Oracle Database Tools.
- Hands on experience in Web technology, XML parsing, using utility
tools like SOAP UI, J2EE.
- Skills and knowledge of OSP (Outside Plant) fiber optic network
infrastructure and engineering design.
- Familiar with GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and database
management including ESRI and Bentley Microstation.
- Knowledge of Spatial data Analysis to include working with
- Experience in Optical Transport Network involving ULH, Mesh, and
- Domain experience involving Network build, Network Planning,
circuit provisioning, Network grooming, Service management,
Surveillance in a complex Telco environment.
- Working experience in Equipment, EMS or industry standard tools
(ex: Fujitsu, CIENA, ex: FW4100, FW4500, FW9500, OME6500, CIENA
5410/5430, Ciena OnCenter, Fujitsu NetSmart, Cisco Data Center
Network Manager, etc.)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: Yes, this position will cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Ratheesh
Recruiter Phone: 877 884 8834 (Ext: 4042)
We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as
W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)